Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with the Mopar Hood Pin kits - Don't you hate it when after driving the pins have shifted, well here is your solution:

Use the Bands that are used for dental braces. 1/8" Clear from Amazon. Put one on each side of the main pin. Depending on your climate, you may have to change them every 2 to 4 weeks or so, but your pins will stay centered!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
pretty cool idea

·
Registered
149 Posts
thats a good idea however....

I adjusted my pins so when the hood is closed and they are inserted they just put a little( i mean a little) pressure on the hood pin base so they actually hold the hood down and do not move...just my solution.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone had problems with the wire rubbing/scratching the paint? Been thinking about doing this but was worried about that.
Depends on the color or the car...my white car is showing a little rubbing after a month. But I think it will buff out...it's not bad and u have to get close to see it. Prolly doesn't of show on dark paint.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Great idea, been thinking about that annoying thing after every drive. Haha! I've had no rubbing so far (7 months now) on my Hemi orange SRT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts