Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys- First off I HATE creating threads with topics that have been beaten to death but O hve searched for over an hour and have read it all. LOL I want to know what you are running. I have seen the 0-40W issues with foaming in the intake, to the fact that in 2010 they changed the recommendation to 5-40W but some old oil caps were installed. LOL I have a Kenne Bell setup and want to do my first oil change. I am an Amsoil preferred customer so I have that option but not sure I want to run a European Car Formula 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil. Or do I just go with Mobil 1 0W-40 ??? Any positive feedback would be nice.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Guys- I am an Amsoil preferred customer so I have that option but not sure I want to run a European Car Formula 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil.
I use exactly the same oil, no problems at all. 5W-40 is exactly what's called for. You are supercharged however, so checking with KB can't hurt.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies. I just sent a PM to Mike at KB to see what he says. Once I get an answer I will post up and hopefully help others in the future.

Tricki68- Are you also using a Amsoil filter? If so what is the part number if you know off the top of your help.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Thank you for the replies. I just sent a PM to Mike at KB to see what he says. Once I get an answer I will post up and hopefully help others in the future.

Tricki68- Are you also using a Amsoil filter? If so what is the part number if you know off the top of your help.
No. I use the Purolator PureONE (Gold) Part # - PL24651

·
Registered
573 Posts
Am soil is good oil but you can, t find just any where. Mobil one is a good choice, a good oil you can find most any
Where
I have used Royal Purple , I think it is also a really good choice. I would use any good synthetic oil that is available at most auto stores

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
10-30 Royal Purple is what I switched from 0-40 Mobil 1.
Recommend by builder that does a lot of KB builds

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tricki68- Are you also using a Amsoil filter? If so what is the part number if you know off the top of your help.[/QUOTE said:
Amsoil filter for the 6.1 is the EAO11. I use it and the 5W-40 European Oil. (EFMQT) (I am a dealer).

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
10-30 Royal Purple is what I switched from 0-40 Mobil 1.
Recommend by builder that does a lot of KB builds

>>>> that is right 10-30, is the only oil should be used on these cars!! but because of cafe requirements 5-20 is best!!

same as 0-40 is best for cafe requirement!!! ( anything that has anything to do with saving gas in a v8 is bad overall in the long run for true car guys) only one i can think of that made a big difference in American cars or for that fact any car is the fuel injection that came out in most American cars back in the late 80's, all this other bullshit is for sheep's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts