Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I sold my 1990 daytona rwd project:disgust:. The good news is that means it is time for a forged low compresion rotating kit from PWR. After talking to 70TA and PWR, I am going to stay 345cu, lower my compression a bit, upgrade my valve springs, anxiously await for someone with a 15lb brain to make some cam phasers/cam timing limiters for this damned motor.

Plans while the motor is apart are: ceramic coat stock (slightly modified) exhaust manifolds, high flow cats (sell the entire longtube headers I have now), upgrade fuel delivery, lightened flywheel, clutch, nitrous, possibly upgrade the turbo to a 80mm BW (or at least install a divided turbine housing with quick spool valve)..hope I have the $$ left for the turbo upgrade! :pimp: then I will snap my axles and do those!

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Arrington 392 stroker 5.7

Well, I sold my 1990 daytona rwd project:disgust:. The good news is that means it is time for a forged low compresion rotating kit from PWR. After talking to 70TA and PWR, I am going to stay 345cu, lower my compression a bit, upgrade my valve springs, anxiously await for someone with a 15lb brain to make some cam phasers/cam timing limiters for this damned motor.

Plans while the motor is apart are: ceramic coat stock (slightly modified) exhaust manifolds, high flow cats (sell the entire longtube headers I have now), upgrade fuel delivery, lightened flywheel, clutch, nitrous, possibly upgrade the turbo to a 80mm BW (or at least install a divided turbine housing with quick spool valve)..hope I have the $$ left for the turbo upgrade! :pimp: then I will snap my axles and do those!
USMC,
Hey I just put an Arrington forged 392 Stroker with Vortech SC, Kooks long tube headers, high flow cats, SHR tranny, 2800 stall converter,1400 DSS axles, and AJ tuner tune . 576 RWHP and 603 RWTQ ran 11.34 in 96 degree weather. The car is very streetable. They build a mighty fine engine and back it up. Plan to run the 10's this weekend at the Mopar Nats. Good Luck with your build
Iron6

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Congrats, make sure and post plenty of updates!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:

Attached is a pic from a week or so ago, line hone in progress. I sold my longtube headers and high-flow cats 2 weeks ago. Got a set of stock 6.1 shorties, have high-flow mids/cats on the way. Arrington camshaft and arrington heads are sitting in the garage awaiting install with 6.1 ported intake manifold. Arrington dual fuel pump installed. Umm, what else? I probably going to scrap the plans to move the turbo up to the trans tailshaft (like the RDP v6 setup). Not sure I can debug the 02 sensor gremlins with that design (I live in emissions area). I may just continue with t6 rear mounted 76 or 80mm with QBValve idea.
Decisions decisions. :blowingup:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts