Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Good. Hopefully those price cuts will shuffle some of the people on the fence over to a 'stang. Saw 6 Challengers on the road the other day (total of 60 miles maybe.) That's more than enough for my tastes. On the contrary, course it's harder to distinguish from a distance from other model years, have only seen 2-3 new 5.0's in months.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Damn they are killing the 302 Laguna Seca edition with the dealer’s greed. I truly wish we could all bypass dealers and buy from the manufacturer. It’s one thing to make a profit but they are trying to rape the consumer. Then when car sales fall and the company is not doing so well it’s the manufacturers fault.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Challengers are everywhere in Maryland I don't mind they if they become more common.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
the boss 302 is a true special edition...its worth a dealer extra markup...people will gladly pay $5k more..you'll see

the IE 392 was an appearance package...and pretty much just different seats for $2k....so not worth a dealer premium...

they should have given the IE 10-20 more HP and made a real special edition

·
Registered
820 Posts
I can see 5k if someone is willing to pay it, but in the article they said some dealerships have them marked up to 108,000.00. No car is worth that I hope they rust where they sit

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Free market....dealer has the right to ask whatever price he wants...
and you have the right to pay it....or not.
Bottom line is...anything is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

In an unrelated event, I'm not a "Ford Guy", but I must give credit where credit is due....Mustangs have the sweetest sounding exhaust...even better than my ZO6!:disgust:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm all for the free market, but when there are numerous IE's on the internet for sale, even at MSRP or slightly above, that says something about markups... real car people in general aren't THAT dumb.

A local Ford dealer in my area STILL has a "NEW" GT500 Supersnake from some years back... I forgot the price, but it is crazy, especially considering that the 2010-2011 performs just as well!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm sooo sick of mustangs & seeing the Boss festooned on multiple magazine covers. 2005 I had one of the first GT Verts on LI then Modded it with a saleen blower, CAI, basani exhaust , etc. PSP tune for an AUTO with a blower on an XCal .

Since then there's been a gazillion stang versions.

The Saleen Parnelli Jones was just like this boss.

Unless you track the car why bother ?

I'd take the 2011 Track Pak V-10 Chally over any stang if I want a real collectible

Though I do still dig the shelby vert. Certainly more so for 60K Vs. 108K :notallthere:
for a dealer marked up LS Boss

BTW - IMO the boss paint job is horrendous

·
Registered
820 Posts
Dealers with this type of crap are killing the automotive market, at some point it should be illegal.

·
Registered
2011 Challenger SRT8
524 Posts
My brother was quoted 5k over sticker by a local dealer for a IE, found one out of state willing to sell for employee price, (dad is retired from Chrysler) he picked it up friday. Saved 10k over local. Pays to search the net.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
As the price of gas goes up the collectible car market goes down, down, down. Barrett-Jackson just proved that. They even had to go back to 'reserve' bidding in Florida to ensure sellers against loss. Oh sure, someone out there will say, "I don't care how much fuel cost... I'll continue paying whatever it takes for the car I want." For every brazen statement like that, there's a thousand more prudent folks that'll be saying, "Put good money in a collector car. Are you crazy???"

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
ive noticed collector cars continue to drop even though the economy is improving.....the market may never get back to where it was

it makes me wish i had a bigger garage to get a 1970's classic in addition to the IE

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
You think Motor Trend will put this on their cover? I mean the Mustang has been on the cover or featured in their magazine somewhere basically every month for the last year. When the 392 came out, it received half a page in the back of the magazine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts