Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
There are quite a few of them out there still. Our local dealer has a white one. Southern Dodge in Norfolk.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
The IE's are at a point where they arent selling......i check every week on Cars.com to see whats new here in WI and maybe 1 IE sells every other week....WI doesnt appear to have gotten hardly any and they are all DWB...i had to go to IL to get a white....

i find it very strange that w/ a new engine that they arent selling....not sure if its the white seats or just the Challenger in general...cant tell right now since Dodge cant paint any of them and Challenger production is not happening.

one local dealer had a red 392 which sold in a week......

if the 392 cant sell these cars then maybe the Challenger is nearing the end of its production

i think part of the problem is lack of advertising....magazines barely mention the car, dodge has no commercials for it...99.999999% of the public doesnt know the Challenger has a new engine/performance

·
Registered
411 Posts
The IE they have here is treated as if it is made of gold. Of course this is the same dealer that is trying to sell a 2010 demonstrator for 3k off retail. Only problem is retail for them includes a 3 k dealer mark up.

These idiots are still marking up left over 2010's! The 2011's dont stand a chance. And combine that with the fact that right now you can order any color you want ( in an already lame color year ) as long as it is Toxic Orange and you get this.

Ford just put the Shelby GT 500 on the A/D/X plan eligibility list. I can get one for right at 45k now when the locals are begging over 50k for a Challenger.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The IE's are at a point where they arent selling......i check every week on Cars.com to see whats new here in WI and maybe 1 IE sells every other week....WI doesnt appear to have gotten hardly any and they are all DWB...i had to go to IL to get a white....

i find it very strange that w/ a new engine that they arent selling....not sure if its the white seats or just the Challenger in general...cant tell right now since Dodge cant paint any of them and Challenger production is not happening.

if the 392 cant sell these cars then maybe the Challenger is nearing the end of its production

i think part of the problem is lack of advertising....magazines barely mention the car, dodge has no commercials for it...99.999999% of the public doesnt know the Challenger has a new engine/performance

the SEATS !! they are still selling abt 30k a year, niche vehicle status, seems to be steady, no?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
One dealer by me still has a white 6 speed IE. Its not sold yet because they are still trying the 5k market adjustment on it. Its not ever gonna sell like that. Plus Dodge even said that the Charger will be the flagship. I dont think we will be seeing any Challenger advertising anytime soon. The Charger will be shoved down everybodys throat. First starting with that movie Fast Five. I believe the Challenger is on its way out very soon. There are Mustangs and Camaros everywhere, hell, even Chargers are everywhere now. I might see 1 or 2 Challengers a week and thats it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
IE's in SC

In the upstate here there are at least three that I know of for sale and they are WAY under sticker. Big O Dodge in Greenville has one thats DWB and Lake Keowee Dodge in Seneca has one of each, they were willing to make a deal with me and sell the blue one to me for a little less than 47,000 but I just had to have that black:)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

Yea....maybe it's the white seats or lack of advertising....OR maybe it's the unemployment rate.... gas guzzler tax....on a 15mpg vehicle...& gas approaching $5 per gallon!:werd:

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think it could be a combination of things. Some dealers are marking the car up and buyers who bought the first Challengers lost their shirt. Buyers are smarter this time around.

Second, those white interiors are terribly disgusting imo. Who wants to wear white pants all the time?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I think it could be a combination of things. Some dealers are marking the car up and buyers who bought the first Challengers lost their shirt. Buyers are smarter this time around.

Second, those white interiors are terribly disgusting imo. Who wants to wear white pants all the time?
Who wants to wear black pants all the time?

·
Registered
406 Posts
It is amazing the variation in advertised prices out there on them (and all Challengers actually)...some are realistic, and some like the other thread in this group are in la la land!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts

i wear white pants w/ a white sport coat....along with a plan bright blue tee shirt...my name is Sonny Crocket and im a cop

no one who's in the market for a 392 cares about Gas....i dont car if its $10 a gallon when it comes to my 392....its a weekend driver and gas is what it is...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I Agree

.....no one who's in the market for a 392 cares about Gas....i dont car if its $10 a gallon when it comes to my 392....its a weekend driver and gas is what it is...
A lot of people don't "Get It".
This thread contains some great explainations as to why we love these Challengers the way we do.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/motor-trend-gets-57005/

If it wasn't for all the taxes I pay (income, property, registrations, fees, sales, surcharges, tolls, etc...) I would have purchased mine sometime ago and maybe another!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
i wear white pants w/ a white sport coat....along with a plan bright blue tee shirt...my name is Sonny Crocket and im a cop

no one who's in the market for a 392 cares about Gas....i dont car if its $10 a gallon when it comes to my 392....its a weekend driver and gas is what it is...
Yeah but that "market" is shrinking because $5 gas is a concern for a lot of people. Maybe not for those that do close the deal but it it's likely a factor for those that don't.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The seats aren't that much of a pain. I just wipe mine of routinely with MOPAR total clean. The seats will not deter someone from buying this car. The seats get the most compliments when I'm at meets or just out and about. The mark ups were ridiculous. The dealership wanted 55k for mine but I ended up getting it for a thousand under sticker. I have seen one other IE and a brilliant black 392. Other than that the only other 11 I've seen on the road is a Toxic Orange RT.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
..99.999999% of the public doesnt know the Challenger has a new engine/performance
You're right... and sadly apparently 90% of the dealers don't know it either. Several corrected me when I asked about the 392 informing me the 6.1 was "the big motor". When I told them about the 392 I was informed by one dealer there's "nothing in the official network" about the 392.

Go figure they aren't selling.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts