Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, it's been 3 years and I have finally found a phone holder that works well in my challenger! I've read the posts on the pro clip phone holder but like many of you the fact that it forces the trim upwards has been a turn off. Thus this option was not one I proceeded with.

I did not want any phone mount on my windshield and I also did not want a vent mount or anything to do with magnets. I have always felt that anything on my windshield would impair my vision and thus did not want to pursue this route. My biggest concerns with any sort of vent mounts were that they would take away a vent from the car as the phone would block the flow of the air. Finally I figured that any sort of magnet holder wouldn't have the strength to hold the phone securely once I unleashead the beast lol.

It was almost by sheer chance that my girlfriend stumbled upon a magnetic vent clip car mount for her car. Upon trying it on her car and seeing that it was not blocking the air flow and how well it held her phone in place I decided to try it on my car!

Well needless to say I love it!!! Its small and not an eye sore, it holds my phone securely in place, and it does not take away or block the vent its on! The product is from the ihome brand named mag-air magnetic vent clip car mount, found it at a local TJ Max for the bargain price of $7.99!

I'm attaching some pictures for all of you who are still searching for a solution, hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I'm glad you found a solution...it took me a little longer lol :p

Yeah the light on my avatar is a mod I bought and installed from X Lume! Purchased the lighted RT emblem and placed it in the same location I removed the OEM red plastic one. It's a cool mod as I am able to pick a color and have the emblem light up to match the color! Ill attach some picks.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of the top of my head I believe Ipurchased the extra small emblem. This one just fit in place of the OEM RT emblem, any bigger and it wouldn't have fit. I also selected the RGB Color shift option which allows me to change the color of the emblem through a control!

Funny thing is that I was driving with the RT emblem lighted up in red at night I got pulled over by a cop. He asked me if the car came with that light from the factory and then gave me a fix it ticket. I now ride with the RT emblem lighted up in white to avoid any problems.

I ended up taping into a fuse that always has current. With the control I am able to turn the emblem light on or off as I please. I want to be in control rather than having the emblem turn on when the lights come on. Works great!

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[QUOTE=I am sure Illinois PD would have an issue with it but it would be cool to have it flash with the light show from the tazer...

Hey Chally tatum what model Challenger do you have? I have a 2015 A8 STP RT, and was wondering if theres was any real advantage of buying a tazer for my car...your thoughts?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
I am sure Illinois PD would have an issue with it but it would be cool to have it flash with the light show from the tazer... Hey Chally tatum what model Challenger do you have? I have a 2015 A8 STP RT said:
I have the 2015 RT+ M6 non-STP. Tazer would give you drive modes but other stuff like:

light show
line lock
nav in motion
auto traction control disable on start up
complete ESP disable (programmable to one button so you don't have to hold TC button for 15sec...or I think it is 25s?)
Auto exit (moves seat and steering wheel for easy access)
DRL can be re-assigned to fog lights
Disable DRL drop when using turn signal
(I forget the rest)

Since I have a manual it does not buy me much but I mostly bought it because I thought it might unlock performance pages, which it does for a short period of time until Uconnect takes it away (don't know how to get rid of the account...tried calling). I use the line lock every once in a while and I love the traction control disable at start-up. Used ones pop up every so often.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Hello all, it's been 3 years and I have finally found a phone holder that works well in my challenger! I've read the posts on the pro clip phone holder but like many of you the fact that it forces the trim upwards has been a turn off. Thus this option was not one I proceeded with.

I did not want any phone mount on my windshield and I also did not want a vent mount or anything to do with magnets. I have always felt that anything on my windshield would impair my vision and thus did not want to pursue this route. My biggest concerns with any sort of vent mounts were that they would take away a vent from the car as the phone would block the flow of the air. Finally I figured that any sort of magnet holder wouldn't have the strength to hold the phone securely once I unleashead the beast lol.

It was almost by sheer chance that my girlfriend stumbled upon a magnetic vent clip car mount for her car. Upon trying it on her car and seeing that it was not blocking the air flow and how well it held her phone in place I decided to try it on my car!

Well needless to say I love it!!! Its small and not an eye sore, it holds my phone securely in place, and it does not take away or block the vent its on! The product is from the ihome brand named mag-air magnetic vent clip car mount, found it at a local TJ Max for the bargain price of $7.99!

I'm attaching some pictures for all of you who are still searching for a solution, hope it helps.

The problem I have found with those vent mounted ones is they will heat up my iPhone and cause it to want to shut down. No problem in the summer with that vent mount but in the winter - doesn't work so well. Just my experience. Don't use one - I just put in in my cup holder and go. Didn't want a dash mounted bracket either.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
The problem I have found with those vent mounted ones is they will heat up my iPhone and cause it to want to shut down. No problem in the summer with that vent mount but in the winter - doesn't work so well. Just my experience. Don't use one - I just put in in my cup holder and go. Didn't want a dash mounted bracket either.

Never had that problem, but then again most trips I take are under an hour and I have a Samsung phone (not the one that blows up though).

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

Assume you want a phone holder so you can use the "hands-free" phone connection in the car. Here's something to think about.

If you use your phone with one hand and drive with the other (and be honest, we all drive with one hand on the wheel a lot), you are only capable of doing two things at once 1. Driving, and 2. Holding the phone while talking to someone.

If you use the hands-free phone, you are able to do three things at once. 1. Drive with one hand 2. Talk on the hands-free and 3. Something with the other hand, like fiddle with the NAV/Radio or eat a hamburger or whatever. Your mind is working on three things at once.

I'll argue that hand-free phones are more dangerous than hand-held because it creates the capability of a 3-task multi-task while a hand-held phone, that's used for only talking (not texting or looking at e-mails or the internet) limits you to 2-task multi-tasking.

I use a hand-held flip phone, and when I do feel like I want to use it in the car, i hold it in my hand and talk on it, because this prevents me from doing anything else except talk and drive.

Use your hands-free phone with caution, and if you must use it, put two hands on the wheel so you're not tempted to triple-task.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I can see how blowing heat to the back of a phone can cause issues! But to tell you the truth this morning I had the heater on and all I did was to shut off the air flow for that vent! No problem!

Before the air mount I tried putting it in the cup holder as well as the small pocket next to the shifter. Unfortunately when I took off so did my phone lol. This mount has done the job as is strong enought to hold the phone in place.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Assume you want a phone holder so you can use the "hands-free" phone connection in the car. Here's something to think about.

If you use your phone with one hand and drive with the other (and be honest, we all drive with one hand on the wheel a lot), you are only capable of doing two things at once 1. Driving, and 2. Holding the phone while talking to someone.

If you use the hands-free phone, you are able to do three things at once. 1. Drive with one hand 2. Talk on the hands-free and 3. Something with the other hand, like fiddle with the NAV/Radio or eat a hamburger or whatever. Your mind is working on three things at once.

I'll argue that hand-free phones are more dangerous than hand-held because it creates the capability of a 3-task multi-task while a hand-held phone, that's used for only talking (not texting or looking at e-mails or the internet) limits you to 2-task multi-tasking.

I use a hand-held flip phone, and when I do feel like I want to use it in the car, i hold it in my hand and talk on it, because this prevents me from doing anything else except talk and drive.

Use your hands-free phone with caution, and if you must use it, put two hands on the wheel so you're not tempted to triple-task.
Hey K-Dawg I totally agree with your statement! All of our attention should be on the road with both of our hands on the steering wheel!

The main reason why I was looking for a phone holder was for security. The last thing I wanted tho have happened when I released the beast was to have my phone fly past me lol. Thus I found this solution and so far I love it. Being that the car reads my text messages and answers my calls I dont have to touch my phone, and can focus on the road. Especially now where I won't have to catch a flying phone.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the 2015 RT+ M6 non-STP. Tazer would give you drive modes but other stuff like: light show line lock nav in motion auto traction control disable on start up complete ESP disable (programmable to one button so you don't have to hold TC button for 15sec...or I think it is 25s?) Auto exit (moves seat and steering wheel for easy access) DRL can be re-assigned to fog lights Disable DRL drop when using turn signal (I forget the rest) Since I have a manual it does not buy me much but I mostly bought it because I thought it might unlock performance pages said:
Thanks for the info on the tazer. I been hesistant based on others stating that it wouldn't unlock any other drive modes like the srt offers. Figured the tazer's features were more suited for scatpacks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,740 Posts
You guys need to work on quoting others posts, lol. A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
You guys need to work on quoting others posts, lol. A Guy
I was hoping you were going to chime in with a link to a previous post. :banger: Besides, I hate when I search in a new tab and the ads start playing.

BTW whatever happen to the feature list from tazer. It use to be in the instruction manual and I could have sworn it was in the FAQ?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,740 Posts
Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,740 Posts
I just googled ~ Tazer features ~ It was 2nd link

A Guy

1 - 20 of 62 Posts