Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2014 Challenger R/T 100th Anniversary Edition

So I found the 2014 R/T I want....

100th Anniversary Edition
Granite Crystal on Black
A5
STP
Posi Rear
U-Connect (Don't want to pay extra for this but can't have everything I want!)

MSRP 39,155

Invoice 37,013 (see PDF attachment)

Dealer is offering $3,500 off, plus there's another another $4,000 factory rebate so...

My Cost is $31,513

Seems like a good deal, but maybe I should be doing better with the 2015s on the way???

Please let me know your thoughts!! :icon7:

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
You could try starting YOUR offer at $10K off and see if they'll move. I'd check the VIN and estimate how long it's been on the lot. A dealer's offer is the START of negotiation. Be prepared to walk at least once.

There's one near me with a VIN in the 150K range and they're now in the 300Ks. It must have been sitting for months already when I was looking 2 months ago.

In retrospect, I almost wish I'd gone for that one....

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's a fantastic price! You are getting an awful lot for $31000. I'd jump on that. I think I paid $34,500 for mine 2 months ago. After rebates.

Reactions: canddmeyer

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
When I got a $4600 dealer markdown, and a $2500 rebate, I thought I got a great deal. Your is smokin'good!
The 2015's do look real good in person:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Asphalt Autocross

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
8 gallons of gas .....$29

Is it common practice now for dealers to charge for ~1/2 a tank of gas instead of delivering the car full?

It seems you got a great price. But maybe see if they will go $32.5 OTD

·
Registered
2,254 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just paid 30,844 for my 14 100th 6 speed with stp and a 430. Sticker was 37,280.
So that's about $6400 off of sticker

I'm looking at about $7600 off of sticker right now

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you have a trade, make sure they don't make up the difference on a lousy trade value. Otherwise it sounds like a great deal.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No trade. I'll do a private party sale if I decide to sell my SUV

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds like a smokin' deal to me.

·
Premium Member
2014 100th Annivesary R/T
517 Posts
I paid 35.5K for the exact same model, color and everything, that's a smoking deal if you can afford it grab it and run.

-Kenny

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'd jump on that. Sure you can try to squeeze a bit more but really at that price that's a pretty sweet deal. I bought my 2013 8 months ago for $30,990 with the following options:

Redline 3-Coat Pearl Exterior Paint $ 500
Customer Preferred Package 27M $ 4,000
Interior Appearance Group by Mopar(R) $ 780
Sound Group II $ 1,295
Super Track Pak $ 595
Power Sunroof $ 1,095
Uconnect(R) 730N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/
HDD/NAV $ 790
20-Inch x 8.0-Inch Aluminum Wheels $ 995

I'm sure the dealership didn't want to have the car sit on the lot all winter so they put it up for sale at $30,990. They had literally just dropped it to that price a couple days before I put a deposit on it. I figured at that price I'd beat myself up if I was trying to haggle and someone else just opted to buy it.

For some perspective before buying Rosie I was pricing ordering a 2014 with a sunroof and Blacktop with stripe delete as the only options and couldn't get a better price than $33,000.00 from 5 different dealers. If that's the car you want I'd opt to buy it since that's a pretty sweet deal.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

Granite Crystal on Black
A5
STP
Posi Rear

MSRP 39,155

Dealer is offering $3,500 off, plus there's another another $4,000 factory rebate so...

My Cost is $31,513

Seems like a good deal, but maybe I should be doing better with the 2015s on the way???

That's a SMOKING deal, I would definitely jump on that one, plus there will only be 1 year that the 100th Anniversary models are made.

Also, that U Connect is the 730N, they are awesome systems, voice activated Navigation, 20G Hard Drive, DVD, etc. Also, it's really easy to add back up and front parking cameras with a LockPick unit.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Granite Crystal on Black
A5
STP
Posi Rear

MSRP 39,155

My Cost is $31,513

I don't understand the math here. The dealer is knocking off $3,500 from sticker which brings your price to $35,655, which is BELOW his invoice cost of $37,013. Then you are getting another $4,000 rebate on top if that. How is this dealer making any money on this sale.... Are you sure about the rebate?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I don't understand the math here. The dealer is knocking off $3,500 from sticker which brings your price to $35,655, which is BELOW his invoice cost of $37,013. Then you are getting another $4,000 rebate on top if that. How is this dealer making any money on this sale.... Are you sure about the rebate?
Dealer 'Holdbacks'. not sure how they work, but "invoice" isn't really what the dealer pays.

The rebate from Dodge on 2014 R/Ts in California and maybe other Western states is currently $4000. My R/T was $4000 dealer discount and $4000 rebate, for a total of $8000 off MSRP, and they're giving that on ALL R/Ts. Of course, at those prices, they don't keep a lot in stock for long! Mine was exactly what I wanted, and had only been BUILT a month before I bought it, so it couldn't have been on the lot more than a week or two.

The deal was so good I let them have my trade for $500 below Blue Book, since I figured I STILL came out way ahead on the deal.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts