Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out.........I was driving with the windows down and this big bug flies into my car. I try to get it and it gets pushed into the vent. I direct the air to the dash vent to try to push it out and as I was looking I see that it appears to be stuck. I shut off the air and it falls down into the air vent. I decided to play around with it a little and threw on the heat.....on full bast. ;) I saw it come back up again and was still stuck.....only this time it does not move. I am thinking I smoked him out. I guess it gets pretty hot on there with the heat on high. Anyway, are there any ideas on how to get it out. What happens if it falls in the air vent? Also what do you think it is...it looks kinda like a dragon fly to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Shop vac.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Napalm should work.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
You'll need a spider, to eat the bug, then a bird, to eat the spider, a cat to catch the bird...............it is a vicious cycle.

Otherwise I would use some long tweezers, or the shop vac suggestion was also a good one.

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
Do the vents just snap in place, if they do just pop it out and blow the bug out and then put the vent back and you're done.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Bend a cloths hanger with a hook on the end, reach under and pull!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
In a few months it will turn to dust

·
Registered
413 Posts
This same thing happened to me as well but the big fell down the vent then I turned on the ac and pieces of the bug blew out the vent I think it fell into some sort of fan and was chopped up lol

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Not trying to hijack here but it could way worse man... take my example that happened to me about a month ago...

Was heading back from the girlfriend's house and I'm crusing at like 75-80mph right? Windows are down and it's a beautiful day and I see a bird flying on the side of the road out in front of me, didn't think anything of it obviously. As I get closer and pass the bird, the mofo flys right next to the car and I somehow timed it perfect and the bastard hit the pillar right next to where the seat belter holder thing is up on the headrest and it deflected inside the car and smacked into the rear window and laid there on the carpeted area. Freaked me out cause it always deflected into my face as it went right past my head but as soon as the bird hit the pillar, endless amount of feathers went EVERYWHERE. It was like the bird exploded or something except it didn't Bird poop on the inside of the rear window and on the carpeted area up there. Scared the s*** out of him obviously. But yeah trying to get all the feathers out of that car was a job. Then cleaning thereafter. Some of the feathers managed to find their way into the trunk! So yeah fella, don't feel too bad.

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
Good thing it didn't cause you to crash.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Good thing it didn't cause you to crash.
I did swerve a bit but luckily I was out on open "interstate" that few cars are on and no one was even near me for about 1-2 miles so had the whole road to myself.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Is that a "Super Bee" maybe??? Now you are going to get razzed for up badging!!!! Hahaha!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Shot gun and some bird shot....done!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.