Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Have You Experienced Many Mechanical, Electrical or Body Fit Problems?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Challengers were first produced in 2008-2009, there was a real pride among the factory workers in bringing such an iconic car from the 70s back. Now, I wonder after 5-6 years, if it is treated as "just another car."

What has been your experience? Any significant problems?

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I had a 2010 RT for two years, a 2012 RT Classic for two years and now have had a 2013 RT Plus for about a year. My experience is that the 2012 and 2013 are far better quality than the 2010 was. Many of the trim and electrical problems have been resolved and all the changes made for 2011 up have helped too. It just seems given their financial status before 2011 that they cut a lot of corners and that can't be hidden regardless of how motivated the factory workers were.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
To many problems to list on my 2010 and the service I received from my dealer was horrible to say the least. This was my first Chrysler product and very likely will be my last and it's not because I do not like my car very much the opposite.
I was looking at updating to a 2014 Header Orange but have decided that I no longer want to deal with any Chrysler dealership after what I have had to deal with over the last 3-1/2 years.
Here is just one small video of a problem that was never fixed and basically was told I will have to live with it after 5 trips to the dealer on this one issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzjwMCbswdk
You can read more on it here.
Diablosport Forums • View topic - Another victim of Challenger Throttle Lag after Update

·
Registered
955 Posts
I thought Chrysler implemented 6 sigma manufacturing QA protocols starting in MY '11 on the Challengers. I don't remember why I think that.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Bought an 06 Daytona,has been very dependable,had a slight trans seal leak right after I bought it.dealer fixed it in one day.And thats it.(other than rear tires)The interior in My 2012 SRT is better quality.SoFar so good,I hope it's just as dependable.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,115 Posts
My 09 RT had many issues, I counted over ten warranty items at one point.
My13 SRT is of much better build quality. Only had it 7 months, only one warranty item. A chipped finish on one of the brembo calipers from the factory. Dealer replaced promptly. I'm much happier with the quality of this particular car. It must have been built midweek:)
Edit: I checked it was built on a Wednesday. 12/12/12

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
My 2010 is very solidly made. Only issues I've had was trim issues and sunroof.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I had a few, common to the fleet, trim issues.
Exterior roof rails, bilateral rocker panels, interior side window trim, corroded 18" wheels
all taken care of/replaced under warranty without issues
other than that a bad TPMS and cracked driver side seat leather also replaced under warranty with no issues

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
My 2011 SRT had the typical door handle issues. Ended up having them replaced 3 times. The "Check Engine" light came on a couple of days after I brought her home. That turned out to be a senser of some kind. I had my instrument cluster replaced and the headlight switch replaced for a lighting problem. There was some kind of service bulletin that I had to take my car in to get done. They said it would take thirty minutes. Four hours later, I was still setting in the waiting room watching "The Price is Right" on a scratchy screened TV softly cursing under my breath about how the placed smelled. My radio fried it's self and the head unit had to be replaced. I am glad it was all replaced under warranty but I had better things to do than head down to the dealership every couple of months.

My 2008 Charger ran great from the day I bought it with not a single warranty issue. Rock solid. Great car.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
09 SRT Garage kept, not driven in rain

Replaced rocker panels
Rear bumper warped, replaced under warranty
Radiator (not a hose) sprung a major leak (replaced)
Keyfob problems (on-going)
rubber gasket between front end & hood ripped on it's own (replaced)
clockspring in steering column bound and broke when I forced it in order to be able to steer (replaced)
Factory alignment out of spec (fixed after wearing my front tires to unusable)

I think that covers the majority and I know I am missing something else

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
To many problems to list on my 2010 and the service I received from my dealer was horrible to say the least. This was my first Chrysler product and very likely will be my last and it's not because I do not like my car very much the opposite.
I was looking at updating to a 2014 Header Orange but have decided that I no longer want to deal with any Chrysler dealership after what I have had to deal with over the last 3-1/2 years.
Here is just one small video of a problem that was never fixed and basically was told I will have to live with it after 5 trips to the dealer on this one issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzjwMCbswdk
You can read more on it here.
Diablosport Forums • View topic - Another victim of Challenger Throttle Lag after Update
So you didn't have this issue till you used the tuner?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts