Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
If you were wondering what they look like when you tell the dealer not to let his wash bay kids rub the dirt into the paint before you get to ceramic coat it...

Apparently, Brampton loads them in a swamp.
Lol wow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,989 Posts
there's also the rail yard where it was unloaded from the railcar, parked in the yard and eventually onto the transporter truck.

some rail yards can be muddy and not paved very well

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A
27 Posts
Man that carbon fiber interior trim looks so good (y) . I ve been wondering if its able to order from the factory. I've been looking for a part number but I can't find one. I took these off Dodge website.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find the combination of trim on the steering wheel a little strange with it. Black button surrounds with a chrome horn ring. I might Di-Noc it all with CA-1170 for the same satin CF look.

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
Okay. Kinda fixt...

Just a foam cannon with Griot's and a small pressure washer.

Next it goes to Relentless Perfection for all over Opti-Coat Pro+
Nice looking ride. Congrats and enjoy it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Congratulations from Cleveland.
I worked on a convertible GTX back in the day that was that same beautiful green, or at least similar. Obviously no shaker on that one, but it had twin black stripes on the hood and front fascia, set pretty wide. It was a beautiful car. Yours looks fantastic too and way to go on the three pedal choice. (y)

·
Registered
548 Posts
You should have seen my 19 Challenger HCWB when it was delivered in March last year. It was so bad I almost didn't accept it. It had rail dust embedded as well as dirt so thick you couldn't see the paint in places. It took professional cleaning, then paint correction to make it shine. That is Pitch Black under the filth.
Yours had a little mud, big deal.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
619 Posts
Great looking car. Takes me back to 1975 when I took my driver's test in my mom's '72 Charger (318).

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
What a great looking car. Congrats and enjoy the hell out of it!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Congrats ! Shakers Unite, That is a excellent shade of green.
Enjoy your new Challenger !
Best regards
Parrott,

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
484 Posts
Getting those Day 1 photos before the ceramic coat...

Fake picture. If it was real.... With an open parking lot like that, there should be some fresh tire marks in the background. LOL!!!

Nice pics, great looking car!!!

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
133 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous! F8 green shaker was on my short list of color choices, I can see that it is awesome! It really ties in the classic shaker style with classic color. Being that my car, whereever it is now, is traveling by rail all across the US to LA then boat to Hawaii, should I contact my dealer and tell them not to wash the car (just in case they got some new wash peeps that don't know any better)...or do I assume they are pros and a little PDI care is what they do?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,686 Posts
I'd ask them to leave it as is. Someone rubbing sandpaper on your new car may not show strongly depending on color, but will make the car look less shiny in the sun. Ask them to do the PDI, but not touch the paint, or install the license plate bracket. That would hopefully get your tires aired down correctly, and bright pedals installed if applicable

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
133 Posts
I'd ask them to leave it as is. Someone rubbing sandpaper on your new car may not show strongly depending on color, but will make the car look less shiny in the sun. Ask them to do the PDI, but not touch the paint, or install the license plate bracket. That would hopefully get your tires aired down correctly, and bright pedals installed if applicable

A Guy
Sounds good. You never know who is working that day and their level of knowledge when it comes to cleaning. I've seen people wiping their black cars (dry!) down with a towel thinking they're wiping away the dust but instead they were scratching the dust in and making swirls galore. I will make sure I text my dealer again since I think it should be here soon and also no front plate drilling.

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
133 Posts
Besides ceramic coat, are you also going to add any strategic ppf and tint?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts