Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself. Took delivery of my 2017 TA 392 this past Saturday. Previous car was a 2012 Mustang 5.0 with full bolt ons. Last dyno had it at 418rwhp before I had the Boss intake manifold and steeda cai installed. Was looking for something new and was having a really hard choice between another stang or a 392. Camaro was out for it's useless back seats and truck and too much tech to get one with leather. Was really close on pulling the trigger on a 2017 5.0 premium with the performance pack for $36k but the more I thought about it, the more it became apparent it was just too similar to the 2012 5.0.

Anyways mulled it around for a month and said F it and went for the T/A 392. Paid $44k + TTL has the "leather" package not to thrilled about the suede inserts, but like the ventilation seats here in Houston, Texas. Has convenience package and Nav and most importantly a smooth 6 speed. Always hated the feel of the MT82 in the stang.

As it stands the stang was definitely faster but hopefully a tune and some exhaust work can get me where I want to be.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,217 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

Throw a hellcat airbox, catch can, PCM/custom tune and it'll pick up quite a bit. The custom tune and Racestars dropped me .35 off the ET and picked up 2.5-3mph trap speed over last year on the stock tune and stock wheels with 20" drag radials. These cars are mid 11 second cars with just a few bolt ons, tune, and sticky tires in decent air.

I ran my car back in May and there was a nice 2013 Mustang GT there with full bolt ons, tune, headers, exhaust, and converter and he was running 11.70's at 116-118mph. I was running 11.60-11.70's at 117mph with just lightweight wheels, custom tune, hellcat airbox, and some drag radials on the back. The 392 is an impressive engine, makes tons of power. The 392/A8 trans combo is wicked at the track.

You said yours is an M6, so it will be a little behind the A8's, but you should still be running in the 12's with some sticky tires even on the stock tune. I saw a few guys at my track with M6's relatively stock running mid/high 12's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself. Took delivery of my 2017 TA 392 this past Saturday. Previous car was a 2012 Mustang 5.0 with full bolt ons. Last dyno had it at 418rwhp before I had the Boss intake manifold and steeda cai installed. Was looking for something new and was having a really hard choice between another stang or a 392. Camaro was out for it's useless back seats and truck and too much tech to get one with leather. Was really close on pulling the trigger on a 2017 5.0 premium with the performance pack for $36k but the more I thought about it, the more it became apparent it was just too similar to the 2012 5.0.

Anyways mulled it around for a month and said F it and went for the T/A 392. Paid $44k + TTL has the "leather" package not to thrilled about the suede inserts, but like the ventilation seats here in Houston, Texas. Has convenience package and Nav and most importantly a smooth 6 speed. Always hated the feel of the MT82 in the stang.

As it stands the stang was definitely faster but hopefully a tune and some exhaust work can get me where I want to be.
Welcome and congrats!! Ditto on those ventilated seats in Houston. Loving them already and its only getting hotter.

·
Registered
44 Posts

I know I'll get flames but for the price the Mustang GT is the best bang for the buck if evaluating strictly on HP and torque. I have a V6 Challenger but if I upgrade to a V8 I'll definitely be looking at the Mustang GT.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts