Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I sold my Challenger a few months ago and also sold my custom golf cart that was street driven. I ended up buying a Polaris RZR 4 800 that will be made street legal and have a full canvas cab with heater/defrost, nice steroe, 15 inch wheels and cooper AT3 light truck tires in 225/70/15. We are allowed to drive on any roads that are marked 40 mph or less so it will be driven about ever day. I've been waiting since Sept 15 and it just came in today but will take a few days to get all the parts I've been picking out the last couple of months installed. Just thought I'd post a few pics of it for anyone that may be interested. Thanks for looking!!!!

Razr 003.jpg

Razr 004.jpg

Razr 008.jpg

Razr 005.jpg

Razr 007.jpg

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nice man. I want one of those RZR's really bad. My brother has one and I got to tear up some trails in Colorado this past summer with it. It was such a blast. I was really amazed where the RZR could go and what it is capable of doing offroad.

Pic is me and my mom in the RZR and my brother in his '69 Jeep.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Lurch that is a BMF !!!!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the good thing for me is I don't work and not on a time schedule, I had to quit riding motorcycles and this is about as close as it gets for me. Now I enjoy running errands paying bills visiting friends and so on. It has a heater and cab for winter and take the doors and top off in the summer listen to some tunes and ride.
Thanks for the kind words and I'll post some build pic's as it gets put together.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
What does it take to make one of these "Street Legal" and by Street Legal I mean, could I drive one to work? (15 miles one way) I have kicked around the idea.. I know they top out around 55-60MPH I can get to work on all back roads..

No need to answer, I Googled and the short answer in PA is... NO :)

Cool new toy!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They got a little done today. One put it together, street legal kit and new wheels and tires. Not to bad for one day. I think I might be ridding by Sat. for sure.

Razr 011.jpg

Razr 012.jpg

Razr 018.jpg

Razr 024.jpg

Razr 025.jpg

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Flipping AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I truly don't know why they aren't street legal everywhere except maybe a freeway or turnpike. If a Vespa 300 Scooter is legal everywhere, so should this be. I wonder what kind of gas mileage it gets? It looks so fun. Giant go kart. Hell yeah.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've road a golf cart for the last 3 years and got about 60 mpg. If I get 20 mpg or so I would be tickled to death.
I'll let you know in a week or so. If I'm lucky I'll get to pick it up by Sat.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Yeah it pisses me off I can't have one of these to drive to work.. I would have a full hard cab on it, it would be awesome! But nooooo..... Not in PA :)

Oh well... Not like I have 20K laying around anyway!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got it home today and road a few miles. It runs and drives great, hills that before I was down to 8 mph I can go up as fast as I want to. I still have a few things to do, outside mirrors, rear tag mount, adjust the cab a little and move my seat back a few inches. I may have to cut a bar out and add to it but we'll see. Heres a few pics and I'll update more a little later.

Razr 035.jpg

Razr 036.jpg

Razr 037.jpg

Razr 046.jpg

Razr 051.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts