Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Event: Texas Outlaw Challengers 2011 Challenger/Cuda Texas Nationals
March 27 - North Shore Bastrop State Park

You know - sometimes people's generosity takes me by COMPLETE surprise. I had emailed the story of why I was putting together this event (the young couple in the the SE Charger - SEE BELOW) to Heidi at BilletTechnologies. I asked her if they had something on a shelf we could use for door prizes as this event has a zero budget. She said she would check with the team

How does THREE $100.00 gift certificates sound???

Pretty DAMN good - THANK YOU BILLET TECHNOLOGIES!!!

The 2011 TOC Challenger/Cuda Texas Nationals

This will tell you WHY – then I will tell you WHEN

Last year I attended the all-Texas LX event in Waco. My opinion about that event is widely known – but I have never told you why I will NEVER attend another

I met a nice young couple with a Charger SE that had two toddlers and a baby in it. We spent the time talking – lovely people – and I found out that they had both skipped lunch at work multiple times over the previous month so they could have enough gas money for the event

After 5 hours of standing with no chairs, no shade, no bathrooms, and NOTHING for the kids to do – the young family was a little frazzled by the crying and upset kids

When I suggested that it would get a little better at Rick’s BBQ – they said that they were not going and that they should head back on the 4 hour drive home. What they were too proud to say is that after the expenses of attending, they really did not have the extra cash to pay 10 bucks apiece at Rick’s

Those young kids had put more time, effort, and sacrifice in attending that event than MOST of the people there – and what did they get for it?? They got a sh--ty event experience, they got a LOT of attitude because their car was not a highly modded high dollar unit, and they sure as H-LL did not stockpile any fond memories.

THAT SHOULD NOT BE WHAT THIS IS ABOUT!!!!!

I decided that Texas Outlaw Challengers can do BETTER than that BULLSH-T!!

Here’s the deal people

IF YOU ARE

driving an SE with NO mods because the two of you have NO money left after the bills and the babies – LOAD up the ice chest with cheese sandwiches and cokes and HEAD ON IN!!!

55+ with an SRT8 with EVERY mod under the sun on it – NOT because you are a profiler BUT because you never had a cool car in your 20s/30s/40s because you WERE that young family and NOW – AFTER payin the bills for all those years and putting those kids through college – DAMMIT – you bought that car for the RIGHT MAN – HEAD ON IN!!

The kind of Challenger driver who has a personality WITHOUT being in your car – HEAD ON IN!!

NOT a braggin profiling “My car cost a gadzillion and that makes my dick bigger” TWERP -HEAD ON IN!!!

I am finalizing the rental of the event location (which is being paid for by a private individual) (this has been done)

THERE WILL BE NO EVENT COST TO PEOPLE ATTENDING BESIDES A 3.00 PER PERSON (ADULTS NOT KIDS) CHARGE BY THE TEXAS PARKS SERVICE

Hint: Bastrop State Park – North Shore – Last weekend in March

this thank you has also been posted on the TOC main site

1 - 1 of 1 Posts