Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I want to install a dash cam in my car so I can document all of the insane crap that happens on the road. Tired of getting cut off, dodging unsecured loads, and getting stuck behind people drifting into other lanes and off the road while playing with their phones in front of me...

The Rexing V1P (3rd Gen) and VAVA dual dash cams look promising, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had good experiences with them or an alternative brand/model.

Key features I want include:
1. Front and rear recording
2. Recording when the car is parked and something jostles the car (such as a shopping cart in a parking lot...)
3. Decent night recording capability
4. Easy install without wires and cables snaking all over the interior of the car

Any input or feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,640 Posts
Hello all,

I want to install a dash cam in my car so I can document all of the insane crap that happens on the road. Tired of getting cut off, dodging unsecured loads, and getting stuck behind people drifting into other lanes and off the road while playing with their phones in front of me...

The Rexing V1P (3rd Gen) and VAVA dual dash cams look promising, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had good experiences with them or an alternative brand/model.

Key features I want include:
1. Front and rear recording
2. Recording when the car is parked and something jostles the car (such as a shopping cart in a parking lot...)
3. Decent night recording capability
4. Easy install without wires and cables snaking all over the interior of the car

Any input or feedback is appreciated.
I have a Thinkware F800 dash cam in my Hellcat. I have one to install in my JCW too when I get around to it.

While I didn't buy/install the rear cam there is a rear cam available.

The cam can be wired directly to the car's electrical system so it is powered all the time.

Or in the case of my Hellcat I think there is a fuse for power outlet just to the right of the transmission 'hump" that if installed has this power outlet "hot" all the time. This is the power outlet I have the dash cam plugged into.

The camera can be programmed to shut itself off if the battery voltage drops too low this to avoid draining the battery.

The dash cam has a parking surveillance mode (which may require special installation steps).

At any rate here's a link:

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
I have a Rexing V1 that I’ve had for a couple years. Quality of the video is excellent, however the version I got did not have the rear camera. Mine also does not come with the “parking monitor” option where it will turn on if it detects a bump during parked. My chief complaint about it is that it’s not very user friendly, although you do just kind of set it and forget it. It does have the option to be either plugged in to the cigarette lighter or hardwired to the car.
I was doing some research on Amazon and there’s a newer camera system out that looks really promising. It’s called an “Apeman”. Comes with front and rear and parking monitor, and it’s only $100. If I was going to buy a new one, that’s the one I would go for.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,308 Posts
Go to blackboxmycar.com to read reviews & comparisons; good info.

I have the BlackSys 200 with front & rear cameras, and while not the best, it’s very close in quality but substantially less cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts