Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short my car was stolen and recovered same day. They took hood front bumper with splitter ( air dam ) wheels tires and throttlebody.
My question is I ordered a new front bumper kit to have the hellcat srt look. I don't know what all holds the splitter on . Is it two pcs like splitter and reinforcement. Does anyone one have pictures how it mounts. 2009 challenger rt.
20210121_181809.jpg
20210121_181725.jpg
FB_IMG_1595551210726.jpg
20210121_134044.jpg
20210121_134018.jpg
20210121_134035.jpg
20210121_134103.jpg
20210121_143942.jpg
20210220_140815.jpg

107 Posts
Ouch! Really sorry to see this. Those people were really savages but seems like they really know what they were doing.
Hope everything's still intact with the engine other than the throttle-body. But yeah, really sorry man

Mention You Are From The Forum For The Best Deals
Check Out The*All NEW BD-F25

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: [email protected]

Click here and visit our pages
IG: @BDWheels
FB:
/BlaqueDiamondWheels

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,490 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Damn that's cold! Hopefully someone will have the answers for you

A Guy

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
878 Posts
Sorry for your loss, good to hear you plan to make lemonade from the lemons. Most plastic pieces in front bumper and facia are attached with plastic rivets. Parts blow up of bumper & fascia
Good luck, lets us know how your project works out.

Reactions: Roy wheeler

·
Super Moderator
16,469 Posts
the '70 style T/A hood must be a hot commidity. (this was offered as part of the Mopar Exterior Appearance Pkg from '09 - '14 as a $2k option (Go Wing rear spoiler & side strobe stripe) but production was pretty low.

hard to say if that hood is still offered. And I can see yours had the Mopar '10 ducting that made the scoop functional as well.

Good luck - hopefully the under body and hard brake lines (passenger side) are okay. Since this was put on cinder blocks that could have crushed the pinch weld seams, damaged the side rocker covers, etc.

The car mush have been gone for some time to get all that dirt on it - or was on dirt roads somewhere

·
Banned
295 Posts
Since purchasing our R/T 50, we've found evidence of two attempted break-ins into our home. Whether this is related to the car, I'm not sure? Several years ago, I found two guys standing on the back patio, as though they were planning to break-in. I intercepted them with my trusty .44 in-hand, and instructed them not to raise their arms... They said they were "looking for someone." :rolleyes:

By looking at the pics, I assume they didn't actually take the car, but were harvesting parts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where and when did the theft occur?
Kansas city ks

Sorry for your loss, good to hear you plan to make lemonade from the lemons. Most plastic pieces in front bumper and facia are attached with plastic rivets. Parts blow up of bumper & fascia
Good luck, lets us know how your project works out.
What is part 10 in the blow up . Is this the splitter second pcs I'm thinking it has like a backing plate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nuff said... :rolleyes:
Believe it or not I've had it for 5 years with no issues. It's the resent down turn of the economy because covid it has gotten 10 times worse they are even taking mini Van's 🤔 I plan on get a two way alarm and got the club and pedal lock they will have to work for it next time. This time it was easy for them they broke window jumped in took it out of gear pushed it a little by hand and then used another car to push it away. Warning for 6 speed manual owners. Luckily they never started the car.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Believe it or not I've had it for 5 years with no issues. It's the resent down turn of the economy because covid it has gotten 10 times worse they are even taking mini Van's 🤔 I plan on get a two way alarm and got the club and pedal lock they will have to work for it next time. This time it was easy for them they broke window jumped in took it out of gear pushed it a little by hand and then used another car to push it away. Warning for 6 speed manual owners. Luckily they never started the car.
I have the Revelco security device installed on my 2009 SRT. My car is impossible to start without the matching coded plug. Also, I have a boot on the front wheel.

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
455 Posts
I have the Revelco security device installed on my 2008 SRT. My car is impossible to start without the matching coded plug. Also, I have a boot on the front wheel.

View attachment 1015224
How do you like that Revelco?

I have had back and forth thoughts on getting one installed on my 2009 SRT8..

Do you have any pros and cons from your personal experience with it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's at the body shop as we speak I will update with pictures when I pick it up. Although the body guy liked it and said showed up damage free. So we will see

1 - 17 of 17 Posts