Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Front camber kit

4K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  Chllngrswpr 
#1 ·
I have a 19 Scat w/o the dynamic suspension with just over 4k miles and I just purchased the BMR lowering springs which were shipped today they will drop the car 1.25” all around, I already purchased the SPC rear camber kit

Do I need to purchase a front camber kit as well?

Ideally I would buy the adjustable front arms but right now it’s a option, and it’s not a daily it’s a weekend car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I don’t believe a 1.25” drop would require the special hardware in front. Supposedly it’s anything over 1.5” that put it out of alignment range and requires special hardware.

#3 ·
I don’t believe a 1.25” drop would require the special hardware in front. Supposedly it’s anything over 1.5” that put it out of alignment range and requires special hardware.
The majority of people have told me that but some of experienced issues, I know the rear for sure I will need so tweaks and that’s why I got the rear camber kit from SPC and if by miracle I don’t need it I can return it lol [emoji23]

#5 ·
Well, you will probably just have to put the springs on and then see if it can be aligned. If not, you’ll need the extra hardware.

The advertised drop for lowering springs is usually based upon the most common (read:highest sitting) trim level of the car. It is not a relative amount of drop in other words.

Since your car starts out lower than the most common trim of the Challenger (SCT and R/T with Touring suspension), you likely won’t end up 1.25” from where you are now. It’s likely going to be 1.25” from where a car with the Touring springs starts out.

I don’t know how much lower your car is than the average SXT and R/T with Touring springs, but I’m thinking whatever that difference is, subtracting it from the 1.25” advertised drop will give you what your car’s drop will be.

#6 ·
Well, you will probably just have to put the springs on and then see if it can be aligned. If not, you’ll need the extra hardware.

The advertised drop for lowering springs is usually based upon the most common (read:highest sitting) trim level of the car. It is not a relative amount of drop in other words.

Since your car starts out lower than the most common trim of the Challenger (SCT and R/T with Touring suspension), you likely won’t end up 1.25” from where you are now. It’s likely going to be 1.25” from where a car with the Touring springs starts out.

I don’t know how much lower your car is than the average SXT and R/T with Touring springs, but I’m thinking whatever that difference is, subtracting it from the 1.25” advertised drop will give you what your car’s drop will be.
I spoke with BMR over the phone with one of his tech and he mentioned to me that I would get a 1.25 drop on my Scat so I am basing it on that

#7 ·
That’s cool if you do, and I’m such case I’m thinking you will need the extra hardware because you will be well below the ride height of any other stock suspension

#17 ·
Ideally that’s what I want to do but I have already spent a few grand on this car the past 3 months so 400 is out of my range for the SPC arms but I came across the Megan racing adjustable arms, idk if they quality constructed but they are half the price to their name

#21 ·
I have lowering springs from H&R. Car sits nice. I also have the SPC front adjustable upper control arms. Ive been to BMR, its not far from my house. Id recommend the rear on car adjustable arms. Rear cradle isnt that hard to remove. The other option is cut the bolt that holds the forward rear arm on and stick a new bolt in the opposite way. I dont understand why dodge put the bolt in to make you remove the cradle to replace the arm. Ive done it both ways. I pulled the cradle to replace a sway bar. No way around it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.