Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I'm assuming I already know the answer to this question, but if the LED ring isn't working I'll have to replace the entire headlight assembly, correct?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,434 Posts
if the front turning signal LED is bad - that headlight is one entire assembly.

It might be worthwhile to check the connector @ the headlight to make sure there's no corrosion or damage to the wire harness / connector

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if the front turning signal LED is bad - that headlight is one entire assembly.

It might be worthwhile to check the connector @ the headlight to make sure there's no corrosion or damage to the wire harness / connector
I'll have to do that. Wife told me about it yesterday, but I didn't check it. I'm about done with this Challenger. I'm really close to trading it in on an SS or an ATS-V. We bought it middle of 2016 with 77 miles on it. Now has 120k miles and since we hit 100k miles stuff has been failing left and right. Battery died a couple of weeks ago, had to get everything reprogrammed. Two days later some EVAP thing failed. Now this. Really sucks to pay off a car and then have all of this stuff start happening. Pulling off the front clip is the same as 09-14 right?

·
Super Moderator
17,434 Posts
Yes - the front fascia would have to be removed to change out the headlamp unit.

you can remove the splash shields (covers in front of radiator) to check out the connectors going to the headlamps.

PS: don't handle the HIDs (if yours is equipped) with the lights powered on - high voltage.

HIDs have a large square silver metal ballast on the backside where the connector attaches as a tell-tale.
the (standard) halogen bulbs have the standard style connector on the socket of the bulb

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes - the front fascia would have to be removed to change out the headlamp unit.

you can remove the splash shields (covers in front of radiator) to check out the connectors going to the headlamps.

PS: don't handle the HIDs (if yours is equipped) with the lights powered on - high voltage.

HIDs have a large square silver metal ballast on the backside where the connector attaches as a tell-tale.
the (standard) halogen bulbs have the standard style connector on the socket of the bulb
I've got halogens. Here lately it seems like my wife's bulbs are only lasting 10k miles. Always replace them with clean vinyl gloves too, so not sure what the issue is there. I'm currently watching a video on how to remove front clip. Guess I'll spend the $500 and get two new sets of headlight assemblies and do an HID retrofit. These halogens are the worst headlights I've ever used in a car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.