Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any front end covers for any of the Challenger models. Do any exist? :unsure: The ones I am referring to have mesh covers to let air in but protect grille/radiator/condensor and fog lights if applicable from rocks and road debris.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Reactions: Ashoka

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking something more in line with the Speedlingerie Bra that is a very thick type of marine vinyl that has thickness to it to protect against debris and large rocks because it has a thick cushioning.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,417 Posts
use one for 6 months, then let us know how much the repaint is on the front facia...;)

Reactions: BS1970SCAT

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,596 Posts
I had a Speedlingerie one for my old C5 Vette and it didn't scratch anything up. If you keep your car clean when you put it on, then it should be alright. I just used it when I was traveling on the highway though, so that might make a difference.

In answer to your question, I don't know anyone that makes one but you could use PPF (paint protection film) on the front end because it accomplished the same.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a Speedlingerie one for my old C5 Vette and it didn't scratch anything up. If you keep your car clean when you put it on, then it should be alright. I just used it when I was traveling on the highway though, so that might make a difference.

In answer to your question, I don't know anyone that makes one but you could use PPF (paint protection film) on the front end because it accomplished the same.
I have a SLB on my 2005 Corvette and it is still doing its job 15 years old. I take bra off maybe once every 3 years or so. Showroom front end. I drive in the rain too. No damage. I wonder if any of those invisible paint protection films would last this long?

use one for 6 months, then let us know how much the repaint is on the front facia...;)
Still showroom fresh paint finish(y). On another car I used a front end bra over 10 years in the rain took it off maybe every two years or so with no problems. It protected the fog lights, condensor.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,596 Posts
I have a SLB on my 2005 Corvette and it is still doing its job 15 years old. I take bra off maybe once every 3 years or so. Showroom front end. I drive in the rain too. No damage. I wonder if any of those invisible paint protection films would last this long?
I'm not knocking the bra's because I had one of the SLB's too and liked it, but SLB doesn't make one for the Challenger. That's why I brought up PPF.

Even being the color of the car, they are still visible. The PPF more than likely wouldn't last that long but if installed correctly, it is as close to invisible as you're going to get. The downside to the SLB is that they don't make one for the Challenger, the upside to PPF is that it can be made to fit anything.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not knocking the bra's because I had one of the SLB's too and liked it, but SLB doesn't make one for the Challenger. That's why I brought up PPF.

Even being the color of the car, they are still visible. The PPF more than likely wouldn't last that long but if installed correctly, it is as close to invisible as you're going to get. The downside to the SLB is that they don't make one for the Challenger, the upside to PPF is that it can be made to fit anything.
The PPF can be made to fit anything but on the Challenger where would that then be applied? What is the PPF warranty?
I will have to check with the owner of SLB as all of their covers are custom made. Even for the Corvette. If I were to get a new SLB for Corvette it would take them a few weeks because it is custom made.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can cover the whole car in ppf if you want, but I would do the high impact areas- front bumper, hood, mirrors, a pillars. Xpel ultimate has a 10 year warranty

·
Registered
98 Posts
o_O:eek: What is the warranty?:unsure:
XPEL warrants XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS™ Series / STEALTH™ Paint Protection Film to be free of manufacturer defects for ten (10) years from the date of purchase. Covered defects include: yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering and delaminating.

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
562 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have this exact front cover from NoviStretch for both my Challenger and my Magnum.

Work great, the only thing I don't like about it is that it eclipses some of the light output from my inner set of headlights. (I have switchback lights installed)

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
562 Posts
I've had mine on for over a year and no issues on my paint.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,596 Posts
The PPF can be made to fit anything but on the Challenger where would that then be applied? What is the PPF warranty?
I will have to check with the owner of SLB as all of their covers are custom made. Even for the Corvette. If I were to get a new SLB for Corvette it would take them a few weeks because it is custom made.
That's the beauty of PPF is that you can apply it wherever you want it. It costs more than a bra but like I said, if applied correctly, you don't see it. It is costly, but it does a good job at protecting the paint. I was priced $1700 for the entire front end (nose, both fenders and the entire hood, A-pillars, mirrors and behind the rear wheels. This was custom cut around our OEM silver stripes too). If you're willing to pay for it, they can wrap your entire car. I've actually seen a Ford GT and a couple of Lamborghini's getting that treatment.

As I said before the SLB only works if they make one for your car. They are the pinnacle of custom bras but they don't make one for the Challenger.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's the beauty of PPF is that you can apply it wherever you want it. It costs more than a bra but like I said, if applied correctly, you don't see it. It is costly, but it does a good job at protecting the paint. I was priced $1700 for the entire front end (nose, both fenders and the entire hood, A-pillars, mirrors and behind the rear wheels. This was custom cut around our OEM silver stripes too). If you're willing to pay for it, they can wrap your entire car. I've actually seen a Ford GT and a couple of Lamborghini's getting that treatment.

As I said before the SLB only works if they make one for your car. They are the pinnacle of custom bras but they don't make one for the Challenger.
I just want to see what my options are. The SLB is $600.00 (if they will make one) I'll find out if that's possible.
I've had mine on for over a year and no issues on my paint.
As previously mentioned I have used SLB on one car for 15+ years plus with no problems and it maintains the showroom finish on front end. On the other car I had for 31+years I have used several front end covers with the Wolf Brand being the best and last used on that car with no paint finish problems driving car every day in all kinds of weather. I have also found in fender benders in that car the front end cover also helped from preventing further minor damages such as deeper scratches etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts