Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

My wife has a 2010 SRT8. She got some front end damage. Hood is bent and the front bumper and grill is damaged. Where can I get a reasonable priced hood stock and maybe a hellcat one? Bumper? Grill? We cannot afford those 5, 6, 7, $800 parts. just trying to get some help from all you experts.

thank you.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It will be far cheaper to just file an insurance claim and pay your deductible. You're talking thousands of dollars in parts right there that you can see. No telling what else you'll need underneath that.

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,216 Posts
There’s a company on line called pre painted auto body parts.might be taking a look

·
Registered
380 Posts
Honestly, if you want to go cheap as possible, just start scouring ebay, F-book marketplace, or have your local salvage yard do a nationwide search. With any luck you'll find a part or two in decent shape that is the correct color.

·
Premium Member
9,210 Posts
It will look like a patchwork quilt even in correct color as the shades will be off, the sheens will differ from age, owner care, sun exposure etc. Is the hood dirty on your car? The finish doesn’t appear to shine.
Do you have collision coverage, is this why you haven’t gone that route?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Oh, you're correct, but the plastics don't match from the factory anyways....
;) . It's the old saying...Cheap, fast, and good......Pick two . The OP wants cheap if possible.

·
Premium Member
9,210 Posts
Oh, you're correct, but the plastics don't match from the factory anyways....
;) . It's the old saying...Cheap, fast, and good......Pick two . The OP wants cheap if possible.
As I was told the plastics are not painted with each car body like you’d think and they get shipped in and put on the vehicle and that’s that. My deck lid spoiler isn’t even close either.

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,216 Posts
The worst culprit in bumpers not matching is plum crazy.next time you see a plum crazy take a hard look at it.and they paint the bumpers at a different location.tv show ultimate factory showed how they make challengers if have not seen it check it out.its a on YouTube

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will look like a patchwork quilt even in correct color as the shades will be off, the sheens will differ from age, owner care, sun exposure etc. Is the hood dirty on your car? The finish doesn’t appear to shine.
Do you have collision coverage, is this why you haven’t gone that route?

actually it is nice and shiny. What you see there is dust and sand from living in El Paso. Thank you for all the input. We are deciding what to do.

Just bad luck. no collision. two week gap where the payment did not go through with autopay. wow. thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts