Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys/gals,
Could use some input here...I will be driving fom NY to Myrtle Beach, then to South Florida and back in the Spring, and maybe Im nuts, but I was kicking around the idea of driving the Challenger down there. I've made this trip in the past several times, but never with the Challey. I know the miles will be adding up, but right now I only have 9000 on the '09 R/T.
Anyway, if I do decide to take the Challenger, I definitely want to protect the front end with some kind of bra, or stone/bug gaurd for the long drive on those horrible interstates. Need suggestions on what product would offer the best protection, quality of product, and who makes it.
I know I have a lot of time(unfortunately the Spring is a ways off:mecry:), but never too early to start researching.
Thanks in advance for your replys/suggestions...

·
Premium Member
9,211 Posts
Look in the for sale area here and on ebay, you may find a bra inexpensively. They come with or without with a license plate cutout. I never drive close to the cars in front of me and in 80,000 miles on my pickup there are zero chips on it nor the many vehicles before it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want to go cheap. Spray a can of plasti dip in front then peal it off when done
Thought of that, but I'd rather have something I can take off and put back on in a matter of minutes rather have to peel off the PD and re-apply it. Plus I want to protect grille, lights, etc.
Also, not worried about the lic plate as it's in the trunk, and there's no front plate bracket to worry about...

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
I had a clear bra type product installed on my 2013 Challenger R/T, which is my daily driver. My wife and I took a road trip to Reno from Portland, and here's the carnage from the dead bugs. Before I left, I applied a heavy dose of Meguiers Silicone protectant, and after the trip I made a trip to my local $.25 car wash, and they all pretty much blasted off. No rock chips either after 9200 miles. This stuff works!:woot:
I also put on the Big Worm Graphics clear headlight and foglight film to protect the lenses.

bugsy.jpg

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts