Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is in the right thread (mods please redirect if need be but

I am going to be installing my halos next weekend. And I know the front bumper has to be removed in order to access the headlights. I was wondering if you guys can post up a few things for me.

1. A link to the best guide (with pics) on how to remove the front bumper

2. The exact sizes of the rivets needed and push pins needed so I can order them today

3. A link to a guide someone may have on splicing open the headlights and installing the hals bc I know baking is an epic fail. Also what sealant do you guys suggest for resealing the headlights?

4. Anybody have any experience with the aac remotes for the halos and have any suggestions on which to purchase.

Any help is appreciated guys hopefully I can make this a smooth process.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Get the new remote that they offer. It is an inferred remote. The older ones were all tuned to the same frequency.

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/dualchannelmultifunctioncontroller.aspx

As for opening the headlights I bake them at 250 for 22 minutes. They will be a bugger to open and you will distort the main housing where the lens meets. You will have to reheat them several times as you want the sealant to stay hot. The second it cools off it will get rock hard.Lots of times back and forth to the oven.

There are one or two people that have cut the housings away from the lens so that is another way. But it doesnt look good after being done.

I seal my headlights with an engineering grade silicon. Overkill but it stays!

Also get some "dum dum" from the auto parts store to seal the hole that is drilled into the housing to bring the wires out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else got any pointers I could use any help I can get? I would like to be cost efficent and not have pay a rediculous amount to ship em out. Do it myself with my muscle car mastermind buddy who can wire that **** up in a jiff but opening these housings we need help with. So any info is great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.