Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics, diagram or instructions on how to remove the front fender? Like where are all the fasteners and do you have to remove the front bumper to get the front fender off? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I couldnt find much on it either, but im pretty sure theres a few fasteners holding it up front, which would require removing the front clip, and at least two kinda in the crease where the door closes. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It looks like theres nut near near the headlight, in the door close crease, under the rocker panel, and inside the engine compartment

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
You'll have to pull the inner fender, most of the locking plastic pins will have to be drilled out and replaced, they don't like to come out. Then you'll be able to pull the foam air dam piece out from the rear of the fender (in front of the door), and access those bolts (most if not all the fender bolts are 10mm). The rear lower bolts can be accessed by pulling back on the rocker cover, you don't have to remove that. You'll also be able to get at the bolts that hold the fender to the bumper cover, but to pull the bumper cover forward you will also need to remove most of the bolts that hold that on too. There are more on top of the fender, that's about it, maybe put some masking tape on the front edge of the door to keep from scratching the paint.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both for taking the time to write. Excellent tips. The nut by the headlight is going to be fun to get to. Lol. I am planning to remove the inner fender. It looks like that's the only way to get to the ones by the door.
Why do you think I'd need to pull the bumper cover forward to remove the fender ?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
No problem :thumbsup:

I think it just might be easier to get to the nuts by the headlights if you pulled the front clip off/forward.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front clip? Bumper?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think there are alignment pins from the bumper into the fender. Either way, you'll need some room to move the fender around as you pull it up a bit then off the car to remove. You don't want to bung up your door, or scratch the bumper cover, better safe...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Front clip = front bumper "cover"

Some people get confused between the aesthetic part of the bumper (cover) and functional impact adsorption piece (bumper) so it's easier to say clip, to me lol. Although I guess technically "front clip" encompassed all sheet metal in front of the firewall.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys. I'll be looking for alignment pins. Hopefullly I can access most of the fasteners after I remove the inner fender plastic.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Cant help it im nosey, lol, why are you taking off the fender? Damaged? Widebody kit?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Installing a Lambo door kit

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ah nice! Let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will do. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got them installed

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Vertical Doors Installed

It was a very difficult mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Looks like a quality install! Good work! Not a huge Lambo door fan but to each his own. Bet that mod was not an easy one

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Man that car is shiny, looks good! Is that you in the reflection of the last photo?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts