Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
Trim level. My Scat Pack has them in silver. Scat Pack appearance package they will be black. The Hellcat style front end has no rings.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Understood. I just had my silver ones upgraded to black chrome oem and realized some models didn't have them. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Trim level. My Scat Pack has them in silver. Scat Pack appearance package they will be black.
Riddle me this then. The appearence package lists nothing of blacked out rings on the grille.

Interior Appearance Group by Mopar®
$375
  • Bright Door Sills by Mopar®
  • Bright Pedal Kit by Mopar®
  • Premium Floor Mats with Logo by Mopar®
  • Trunk Mat with Logo
Also, I have no appearance package on my scat pack, but yet I have blacked out rings, with no mods done to the car, except weathertech floormats.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
Riddle me this then. The appearence package lists nothing of blacked out rings on the grille.

Interior Appearance Group by Mopar®
$375
  • Bright Door Sills by Mopar®
  • Bright Pedal Kit by Mopar®
  • Premium Floor Mats with Logo by Mopar®
  • Trunk Mat with Logo
Also, I have no appearance package on my scat pack, but yet I have blacked out rings, with no mods done to the car, except weathertech floormats.

Not sure what to tell you. Maybe they stopped making Scat Packs with 2 different grilles? Mine is a 2016. Yours looks more recent, based on your hood.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
Trim level. My Scat Pack has them in silver. Scat Pack appearance package they will be black. The Hellcat style front end has no rings.
View attachment 999398
This. The first few years was like this then maybe for 18-up they were all black. And there might be an exception or two but for the most part, an SP with a chrome fuel door will have the bright trim grille, and a black door will have a black grille.

Interior Appearance Group by Mopar
$375
  • Bright Door Sills by Mopar
  • Bright Pedal Kit by Mopar
  • Premium Floor Mats with Logo by Mopar
  • Trunk Mat with Logo

Scat Pack Appearance Group not the Mopar Group, the SPAG in the first few years was the only way to get the black grilles and fuel door.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Scat Pack Appearance Group not the Mopar Group, the SPAG in the first few years was the only way to get the black grilles and fuel door.

That's the only appearance group for scat pack, according to the dodge web page. I take it the SPAG is no longer a thing?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Not sure what to tell you. Maybe they stopped making Scat Packs with 2 different grilles? Mine is a 2016. Yours looks more recent, based on your hood.
Yes, it's the car in my sig line.

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
That's the only appearance group for scat pack, according to the dodge web page. I take it the SPAG is no longer a thing?
That's true. I'd have to double check exactly when but SPAG died after a few years and then all grilles and fuel doors were black only.

·
Super Moderator
15,725 Posts
the blackout grille was a running change and '19+ went to that.

In the prior years it was either Blacktop package (SXT, R/T) Shaker or SP Appearance Grp got this as well as the former SRT 392 model.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,956 Posts
On my 2018's window sticker technically the black grille was under the SHAKER package, not the SPAG
but it also doesn't like a lot of other SPAG item changes.

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment)
SCAT PACK "SHAKER" 6.4L HEMI V8 Package 24Y $2,800
Satin Black Fuel Filler Door
Gloss Black Grille
Scat Pack Appearance Group $1,095
Scat Pack Bumblebee Stripe
"Shaker" Stripe Delete

·
Super Moderator
15,725 Posts
the former SPAG is separated out -
Now the SP has the SP Bee logo on std cloth houndstooth and with the Plus Group, the Bee logo is on the alcantara / leather seat

the Scat Pack tail stripe is a stand alone option

The SP bee in the cluster is standard, unless you have the 392 Shaker and "Shaker" over-rides the SP Bee animation

In the past, SPAG was Bee logo on seats, blackout grille, fuel door, SP tail stripe and the SP Bee animation in center IP cluster.

Reactions: Stitches1974

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,290 Posts
On my 2018's window sticker technically the black grille was under the SHAKER package, not the SPAG
but it also doesn't like a lot of other SPAG item changes.

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment)
SCAT PACK "SHAKER" 6.4L HEMI V8 Package 24Y $2,800
Satin Black Fuel Filler Door
Gloss Black Grille
Scat Pack Appearance Group $1,095
Scat Pack Bumblebee Stripe
"Shaker" Stripe Delete
Similar to my 2018 with the 28Q T/A quick order package.....the gloss black grille is listed within that package as well, along with the “Challenger” script badge, among other things.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Back when I ordered my '16 SP, I wasn't going to buy a package to get the blacked out grill, black fuel door, and the start up BEE for the price it was going for.

I added a factory black fuel door, and honestly like the brushed aluminum grill rings. They don't stick out like shiney chrome, and give a tad of the '71 look.

100369-2cb08e747a50a68ebf3f9e943d3022a4.jpg
SAM_0452_zpsbdixr7iw.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts