Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning on my way to work I noticed that my front right headlight was not on! The only way I caught that was by looking at the reflection of my cars headlights on the car in front of.

Later on the day I was able to pop the hood and took a look at the fuse box. Located fuse #15 and 16 labeled "20A LH HID Relay" and "20A RH HID Relay" and pulled them out one by one to take a look. First one #15 looked ok, so I placed it back. When I saw fuse #16 I knew I found my issue, the fuse was definitely burnt!

I went over to my local autozone and purchased new 20A low profile mini fuses and replaced the burnt one.
Ta-da that took care of that issue!

Hope this helps others experiencing similar issues. Make sure you guys check your fuses before going down a more expensive route!!!
Electrical wiring Gas Electronic engineering Machine Electronic device
Handwriting Font Electronic device Technology Display device
Toy Finger Thumb Nail Gadget
Hand Finger Plant Font Thumb

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
277 Posts
Good idea to check the cheap/easy things first. But, I'd be a little curious as to why it burned a fuse to begin with. May be indicative of a larger problem. You'll know shortly if the fuse you put in burns as well. Could well be a gremlin that will never pop up again. Our cars have some wonky electrical issues from what I've read on here...

Cheers,

JD

·
Registered
232 Posts
mine just had exact same issue, took horn fuse and popped into headlight slot, fixed! i did notice a weird buzzing sound from fuse ,car was running, when i touched it.new one doesn't but prob cause old was burned out.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
178 Posts
Same issue I had the day I bought mine. Work at the dealership, told them about it, they ordered a new HID bulb when that didn't fix it I went searching and found exact same fuse in exact same condition. That was almost 4 months ago, no problem since

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same issue I had the day I bought mine. Work at the dealership, told them about it, they ordered a new HID bulb when that didn't fix it I went searching and found exact same fuse in exact same condition. That was almost 4 months ago, no problem since
I'm sure that HID bulb is way more expensive than the fuse it needs.

I'm glad you figured it out!

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
178 Posts
I'm sure that HID bulb is way more expensive than the fuse it needs.

I'm glad you figured it out!
Wasn't so much the non-repair as much as the 2 hours it took the tech to install the bulb because he didn't want to rack the car and take the wheel off but rather try to finesse it from above. Either way I got a brand new HID bulb out of it.

Reactions: PFJsCustoms
1 - 8 of 8 Posts