Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have the front led turn signals where did you guys place the load resistors I know they get really hot and I’m having a really hard time finding a hard spot for mounting them your feed back will highly be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Rattlehead

I mounted mine on a heatsink then bolted the heatsink to some bracing in front of the radiator, the bracing was actually made of plastic but I am using 6.8ohm x 50w resistors that seem to run cooler than the 6 ohm ones especially on a heatsink, after ten minutes of use they were still only warm to the touch. I will try and grab a picture for you tomorrow.

Regards

Dereck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rattlehead

I mounted mine on a heatsink then bolted the heatsink to some bracing in front of the radiator, the bracing was actually made of plastic but I am using 6.8ohm x 50w resistors that seem to run cooler than the 6 ohm ones especially on a heatsink, after ten minutes of use they were still only warm to the touch. I will try and grab a picture for you tomorrow.

Regards

Dereck

Thanks bro.. thanks for your feed back and I will really appreciate looking at some pictures

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Rattlehead

Here are the pictures of my resistors as promised, the black wire on the horn mount is the resistor ground

I have some chunky 3.9ohm x 100w ones for the rear turn signals which are mounted inside the right rear quarter panel

Regards

Dereck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts