Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the few nuts out there like me who want to install a front plate here's a some shots of my 2010 R/T using the Skene Design bracket.At $49.95 it's not cheap,but it it is a minimal size,nice construction, and fairly straight forward to install. www.skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml

Attachments

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It mounts to the upper area of the lower grill opening using two sided tape and two screws.Here's a side shot,you can see one of the brackets.Very solid mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
If/when I ever have to mount mine that looks like a great option.

How'd ya get the blue plate? I wanted to get a vintage set of black and
gold and found some on craigslist. Then found out DMV will only allow if
your car is from that era.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
looks nice, I thought about that location but was too worried that the 6.1L would overheat. Probably not...but as a rule I don't block air intakes on big V8's. Performance drops off on these engines very quickly with higher temps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Better than drilling into the bumper but if you squint just right it makes that whole front end look buck toothed!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Better than drilling into the bumper but if you squint just right it makes that whole front end look buck toothed!
It's a beautiful buck tooth,haha!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Cool, thanks for the link, just ordered one.

Damn California and their plate laws, I don't have a front plate on my motorcycle, why should I have to have one on my car? :p

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I'm not putting a plate up front until The Man demands it...

But the solution you purchased looks 100% better than the factory option :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Not sure if it effects air flow, but it sure as hell is a lot better than drilling holes in a perfectly good bumper.

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Why not just use the existing license plate frame turned upside down and mount it with 6" toggle bolts in the lower grill? Many of us have done this fix for about $4.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't like tke stock mounting frame,it's too bulky.The Skene Design bracket,for me,is much cleaner looking.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This bracket,if it does affect airflow at all, would be minimal.Airflow still passes around the sides and bottom!

·
Registered
15 Posts
RT,

Sorry to resurect an old thread but, what size did you order from Skene for your R/T? The Skene site is saying 'extra long' for an R/T, but I wanted to confirm that it's the right size. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Get the extra long bracket.Use care when drilling,it's a tough place to do it.Protect the paint with blue painters tape and take your time!

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Its so much easier with the factory bracket and two black zip ties looped through the holes in the bracket and the grill opening. mine has been there since new Jan 2010 and no issues.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya,if ya want the big black plastic thing on the front of your car then go the easy route!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I attached my front plate to the bottom of the spoiler with an Altec Show and Go bracket. Puts it a bit lower and the only holes go in the underside.

Amazon.com: Show N Go License Plate Holder: Automotive

I have looked at this exact same holder. Any chance you have some pictures that you can post of it installed on your car?

I want to pull the trigger on this purchase but am leery because I can not figure out how it got installed on the bottom and what it would really look like on the car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts