Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I have my new 2016 Scat Pack Shaker picked up and tucked in the garage til this weekend. (when I get back from yet another road trip for work). I need some advice on a front license plate Holder.

Im no fan of the factory placement and intended holder but it certainly meets the requirements of our TX State troopers.... who have taken issue with me in other vehicles not proudly displaying it ; )

That said, what solutions are any of you using other that what is provided ? I've seen a hide away plate on line that looks like it could work... folds up and out of the way to show the car etc... but allows for it to be folded out when at a car show for example. My concern with this one is the car is already low with the SRT type from air dam. I think it might drag and cause a problem.

I saw a guy at a show in Houston with a hell cat that had magnets of some kind on his plate and stuck it up to his bumper and it worked.... I guess he put something behind the facia to do it.

May I ask has anyone here found a solution that works particularly well?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
Most of us who live in states that require front license plates have used the no-drill toggle bolt method.

It is simple, cheap and easy to install, with no clearance problems. Check out this DIY video.

·
Super Moderator
15,357 Posts
I run the Sto-N-Sho holder, the version I have is where you pull a pin to release the rods and remove the plate / holder.
-this has a mounting plate you install on the underside of the front spoiler. When its removed, you can't tell a plate is there.

So when at shows, or washing the car, I remove it and then install it for driving around on the street.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Sto n sho

Another version on my 2016 HELLCAT
This one has a mount under the bumper, I was concerned about ground clearance, also no drilling.

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
Sto n Sho. That cheap mod with the upside down license plate looks horrendous from the side. I tried and immediately took it off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
I used the electric sto n go from Altec. It hides under the bumper. Ground clearance is fine. Mine is centered so when I need it to show I press a remote button and it pops out. Had to drill holes but who's going to see them . Problem solved. Go on eBay and you'll see them there. Worth a look.

·
Super Moderator
15,357 Posts
Sto n Sho. That cheap mod with the upside down license plate looks horrendous from the side. I tried and immediately took it off

those cats are glowing red-hot:wink3:

·
Registered
116 Posts
On my 2016 sp I used a plastic license plate holder with a smoky plastic cover to keep bugs off the plate. I drilled 4 holes in the holder and mounted it just above the chin spoiler with 4 toggle bolts thru the lower grill. It has worked great, but on my 2017 sps, which is being built, I plan on using the sto n sho or I might go to Menards and get (3) 12 inch 90 degree metal braces and mount under the (3) screws that hold the chin spoiler on in the middle of the car. I hope that is clear as mud!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Most of us who live in states that require front license plates have used the no-drill toggle bolt method.

It is simple, cheap and easy to install, with no clearance problems. Check out this DIY video.
Thanks, For a $1.60 at the HW store, solved my states requirement. I did paint the toggle bolts black so they would be hard to see.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've been running the toggle bolt setup. I also painted the toggle bolts black and they disappear. Miroresh's post caused me to look at it from the side closer and I'm thinking he's right. It looks kinda funky.

So, for those with Sto-N-Sho on lowered cars what's your experience? I've read about some getting torn off quickly, but maybe they just weren't careful?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I've been running the toggle bolt setup. I also painted the toggle bolts black and they disappear. Miroresh's post caused me to look at it from the side closer and I'm thinking he's right. It looks kinda funky.

So, for those with Sto-N-Sho on lowered cars what's your experience? I've read about some getting torn off quickly, but maybe they just weren't careful?
I'm not lowered but this is my ride height from the TA factory setup.

No issues but I'm​ always careful of speed bumps. Not any more careful than before, I just drive with respect for my car.

I want to say that you lose about 1/4" of clearance.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,845 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Torn between that 1 and the Sto-N-Sho. No worries about scraping with that, but kinda like that Sto-N-Sho is easily removable.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
Never saw a picture of toggle method from the side :surprise: Think if I ever have to install my front plate, I'll be going for 2015 / 2016 / 2017 Challenger License Plate mount - bracket - holder - No Holes Drilled

A Guy
Now that I like! Offset mount too always, don't get putting your plate right in the middle of the lower radiator air inlet designed into your car, definitely reduces air flow and cooling potential even though you might not notice it with the stock gauges.

Love the company name too, 392 Advisory Services LLC, now that is cool!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yeah, this one is pretty cool!

Can you remove it to clean or when in shows like the sto n sho?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts