Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
moved to a state with mandatory plates on front..
-someone recommended Sto N Sho.. any experiences?
-earlier models (2014 & older) required drilling beneath the vehicle for mounting.. for 2015 and above im hearing different things.. can anyone clarify drilling necessary or not for 2016s?

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
Pleased with mine. Been on since delivery in the Fall of '15.

IIRC, one hole needed to be drilled, but I don't really remember. It's no big deal.

100369-2cb08e747a50a68ebf3f9e943d3022a4.jpg

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts
Some other options as well

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
-earlier models (2014 & older) required drilling beneath the vehicle for mounting.. for 2015 and above im hearing different things.. can anyone clarify drilling necessary or not for 2016s?
You will need to be very careful with anything extending below the front air dam, as it will make contact with things like parking blocks and curbs you park against if you pull up too far. All it takes is one good miscalculation while parking and you could rip it off the mount while backing up.

There used to be a popular workaround that involved some toggle bolts and those little self-folding sheetrock anchors, and that was a pretty good way to go without drilling any holes IMHO. I’d have to search around to find the exact parts list though, it’s been a while since I did it to mine.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
You will scrape it on everything.

I can personally attest for the 392 advisors mount. Get the center one, as the off-center one is placed right where the intake usually picks up air from the lower grille.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have this one - i even have the ACC and it doesnt interfere.
holes are there already for the 2019 at least.
it doesnt rattle
super easy to install, remove and mount again. love it.
would recommend everyone get one if you need to have a front license plate.

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
i have this one - i even have the ACC and it doesnt interfere.
holes are there already for the 2019 at least.
it doesnt rattle
super easy to install, remove and mount again. love it.
would recommend everyone get one if you need to have a front license plate.
FWIW, here’s some threads on the old school work around for this problem (don’t laugh; poor people got poor ways!):

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate all the replies...will try sly brackets as the location seems more desirable with those... now if i could only get nicer plate colors

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts
California requires 2 plates...I've been front plateless 40 years ;)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts
Yeah, so glad California made the Legacy plates. Just wish all the good plates weren't already taken. If/when they switch to 8 digits, it will be a mad dash to get the best ones :)

A Guy

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Yeah, so glad California made the Legacy plates. Just wish all the good plates weren't already taken. If/when they switch to 8 digits, it will be a mad dash to get the best ones :)

A Guy
22A is "obscene" but "BHEADR" is good to go, so good luck finding out what's good and what's forbidden.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know about 2016 models but it was an esy install on my 2019 and can be mounted to not obstruct airflow to the grill intake. The manufaturer should be able to advise on differences between model years.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I did this....

copyaa.jpg
copyb.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
For a 17 Scat Pack with ACC - which Sto n Sho model would you guys recommend?

This is my car, which has been lowered - hence right now I'm thinking the SNS1e option as long as it doesn't block my ACC.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts