Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone no where to get a front license plate bracket that doesnt require drilling into my bumper? and not to expensive.....

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,711 Posts
If you want a practically no-cost solution, do what many of us have done- simply reverse your bracket and mount it in the lower grill using 5" toggle bolts (with threads covered with slit clear vinyl or black rubber tubing). Works great!

See the following thread for instructions:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...o-holes-front-plate-bracket-25019/index2.html

(Note- I have moved the above link to the "Tips" forum so others can easily find it).

·
Registered
653 Posts
Does anybody actually have any problems with the law with the plate on the dash? I really don't want to have to put a front plate on the body at all.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Does anybody actually have any problems with the law with the plate on the dash? I really don't want to have to put a front plate on the body at all.
Pulled over 2wice in 10 years , new cars I tell them dealers are waiting for the brackets , old cars they generally dont care .
I mean really now it's freakin 2011 we have remote control robots on mars,
cloning , dna decoding , Li-ion cars , you' think DMV can do away with these anachronistric relics ?
Just offer vanity plates to those who want one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts