Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the site, and just purchased a Bright Silver 2010 (new) SRT8, 6 speed.
I see the front license plate bracket in the trunk, am I really supposed to drill 2 holes in the front bumper/fascia?
Looking forward to learning all about these cars. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Tell me you're not intentionally going drill into your front bumper cover.. :fight:

J/K, drill if you must..

The answer to your question is yes, the bracket goes on the cover and it does require drilling. Matter of fact, Dodge actually put little dimples on the front bumper for that purpose.

Oh, welcome aboard.. Congrats on your ride.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I didn't drill mine. I purchased a Show N Go license plate mount. It screws to the bottom of the front spoiler. If removed, you wouldn't be able to see the holes. The license plate can be retracted/hidden. They even have a model that is remotely operated.

I bought mine from Yates, but you can find it elsewhere.

http://www.yatesperformance.com/allproducts/xt3200dg.html

·
Registered
355 Posts
That looks like my car,congrats! Don't drill. There are many way better options. Search is your friend.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly what I was hoping for, other options. Thanks, I've been at Moparts.com for a few years. Had a 70 Dart that ran 8.70's up here in Denver. This car is at least as fun to drive, and is totally different then what I have been doing. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts