Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what people are doing in states that require a front license plate and don't want to drill the bumper.....I have 16 rt shaker

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
This on a Charger, don't know if it will work on Challenger.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Just like John - Sto n Sho - and when you wash the car or show it, pull the pin and remove the plate.

and the plus is not blocking the A/C condenser or radiator air flow for cooling

·
Registered
694 Posts
just got a ticket in my '17 yellow jacket sp shaker. on my '09 rt used the toggle bolt method in video. but 1/4" are too big for newer grill ended up getting 1/8" x 4" to work. looked for 1/8 x 5" like the 1/4" one but not out there. $75 here in my area, as much as having expired plate or no registration. you'd think in st louis, one of the murder capitals of the country they would have better things to do. but 7:30 am going to work. now i know what it feels like being profiled!!!on the toggle bolt itself you just have to get a long needle nose pliers to make sure it you can hold in area where it grabs it & can hold otherwise will come right back out. here's a pic with it on from latest show.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used the toggle method and am wondering/worried I might have any cooling issues sitting in traffic. Thinking of pulling it back off and if I get pulled over seeing if they would let me reinstall it to avoid the ticket.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Damn that is one sharp car. I like the yellow wheel beads. Lol
thx, all they are is some of those wheel protectors that come on a reel with 3m tape from fleabay. they'll last a couple years, then will fade some from sun or glue 3m adhesive will give way. that's why i got 2 rolls of them, so will last a while. but actually a real cheap way to protect your wheels.

·
Registered
570 Posts
This on a Charger, don't know if it will work on Challenger.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Actually, that won't work anywhere, sure to be ticketed for improper display of vehicle I.D. Would have been better off not having anything on the front.

Most LEOs won't bother you solely for a missing front plate. The problem arises if you get stopped for a different violation or are involved in an accident and the missing plate is noticed. Then the book opens on anything and everything.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Actually, that won't work anywhere, sure to be ticketed for improper display of vehicle I.D. Would have been better off not having anything on the front.

Most LEOs won't bother you solely for a missing front plate. The problem arises if you get stopped for a different violation or are involved in an accident and the missing plate is noticed. Then the book opens on anything and everything.
Last summer 6:30am on the way to work [this is in Oregon] - I got pulled over just for no front plate. State trooper and had a new recruit with him...(I swear both officers looked like they just got out of high school!).
-the troopers were on a side street, waiting for light to change as I drove through on the main road. After a few blocks, they behind me with the blue lights on.

Got away with a warning, but immediately ordered a Sto N Sho. Had enough of the nonsense.

Another example - many years back, driving back home from a trip up North in CA (I lived in CA back then) - no front plate on a relatively empty I-5 heading SB...saw a CHP going NB, highway separated by median and shrubs, with occasional openings for emergency services vehicles.

Within two minutes the CHP was behind me with the lights on - for no front plate. Nothing else - got a "fix it" ticket that I had to get signed off by LEO once it was corrected.

Some areas will pick you out for no front plate - had it happen in two different states CA & OR which both require them...

·
Registered
694 Posts

i agree, they'd notice this fast. i had no other violation except the license. $75 ticket, same as if had expired plates or no registration. Don't get me wrong a big fan of leo's, tough job especially in big cities like mine with conceal & carry. but he could have given me a warning. actually tried to pile on with seatbelt deal. i had taken seat belt off to get driver's license out. pure & simple got profiled. my boss drives his porsche everyday, same basic route in the burb as me, never any trouble & it's a red carrera you can spot a mile away.

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
I used the toggle method and am wondering/worried I might have any cooling issues sitting in traffic. Thinking of pulling it back off and if I get pulled over seeing if they would let me reinstall it to avoid the ticket.
I've had my license plate in this location for the past 9 years with no over heating problem, even in hot summer months.

However, if you autocross your car, I would not use this method.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I've had my license plate in this location for the past 9 years with no over heating problem, even in hot summer months.

However, if you autocross your car, I would not use this method.
I bought the center mount from 392advisors.

I guess if I ever go down to the track I'll unscrew the plate and leave the mount on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I put in the retractable plate unit. Completely remote. Hides under spoiler. Mine was on over a year but had a recent mishap and damaged it while retracted. it saved my spoiler from any damage. So I just bought a new one and will install this weekend. Remember to watch out for those dirt driveways with ruts and pot holes. My bad. Otherwise very happy and easy to install. you can find them on ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
i agree, they'd notice this fast. i had no other violation except the license. $75 ticket, same as if had expired plates or no registration. Don't get me wrong a big fan of leo's, tough job especially in big cities like mine with conceal & carry. but he could have given me a warning. actually tried to pile on with seatbelt deal. i had taken seat belt off to get driver's license out. pure & simple got profiled. my boss drives his porsche everyday, same basic route in the burb as me, never any trouble & it's a red carrera you can spot a mile away.
You did not get profiled, you experienced some enforcement.

·
Registered
694 Posts
You did not get profiled, you experienced some enforcement.
i'm sorry gracey i disagree with you 100%. i was on my way to work. he was coming out of the firestation before a stop sign. i was driving conservatively. i didn't beat the stop light in fact waited a beat or 2 to go as people run the stoplight from opposite direction a fair amount & guard against a t-bone. in fact due to the bright car might have thought i was a minority. st louis is a very polar town. if it had been my boss porsche, who like i says drives this same part of the road every day & has not been stopped once in 3 years & if he did he stopped he would have got a warning, $$ talk. the county which has no $$ to fix highways, is fixing a road that goes to only 1 house, a major contributor to our county exec's election campaign. i got profiled!!!! one of my minority friends got stopped in his chally, different part of town, front license issue. lot of haters out there & being a leo & like i said they have a very difficult & unsafe job, doesn't exclude them from being a hater or envyor. in my book uneven enforcement of the law is profiling plain & simple.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts