Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.. its time for my temp tags to expire.. and here in Ohio we run two plates. I will under no circumstances drill holes in my front bumper... Can you guys/gals please share where and how you've mounted yours? Please, pictures if you can. Thanks .
Scott

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,791 Posts
Check out the Bozzmounts as well

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,847 Posts
Since 2008, many of us have used the toggle bolt method. It is cheap and very easy to install. Plus, there is no ground clearance issue. Highly recommended. Check out this DIY video.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ive have not put plates on the front of my last 5 new cars,,HAVE never been stopped for ,,no front plate,,yes i live in southeastern Ohio,,have went by 100's of hwp's sitting in middle shooting radar,,never gave me a second look that i know of,,, even got stopped for no seat belt in the middle of town [not highway]
he never even questioned about no front plate !! but it did cost me $ 110 for no belt,,i figured i was in town no worries,WRONG lol

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
ive have not put plates on the front of my last 5 new cars,,HAVE never been stopped for ,,no front plate,,yes i live in southeastern Ohio,,have went by 100's of hwp's sitting in middle shooting radar,,never gave me a second look that i know of,,, even got stopped for no seat belt in the middle of town [not highway]
he never even questioned about no front plate !! but it did cost me $ 110 for no belt,,i figured i was in town no worries,WRONG lol
I have a similar story, only but with a different ending.

We have to have front plates here in Maryland. Back in 2005, I bought one of the first retro Mustangs to come out online from a dealership in Kentucky. I had it shipped here, but noticed that apparently Kentucky doesn't require front plates because there was no bracket to mount to. So I got away with no front plate for a couple of years. So then one day. the police were doing seat belt checks on the entrance of a Highway. There were 2 policemen maybe 20-30 yards apart. The first policeman must have noticed I didn't have a front plate, and radioed the other guy who waved me over. Now...Policeman #2 had 3 other cars pulled over besides me, so he was busy to say the least. When he finally walked up to my car, he forgot why I was pulled over and just assumed it was a seat belt violation. So he said, "look, you can pay this seat belt ticket, or I can walk back to my car and write you up for no front plate which would be $75 more". I took the seat belt ticket and ran. :grin2: I did mount a bracket for the front license plate a couple of days later.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Move to Pennsylvania. We may have the most expensive gasoline due to our high taxes, but no front plate required! If you live in Western PA, you can just zip over to the flat-lands (Ohio) for cheap gas from time to time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I lived in the Chicago area I was pulled over in my PCP Challenger by one of Bloomingdale's finest for not having a front plate. Total money grab.
So I did similar to what Cuda340 posted in the video. Except I used long zip ties to mount the front plate bracket to the lower grill. Did not damage the front end or the grill and it worked fine for two years until I moved to AZ where a front plate is not required.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
693 Posts
If you do the toggle bolt method, a good one, check before the size of the holes in the grill area...They are all different...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree with praiseV8. I considered the Sto n Sho at first but had concerns about bottoming it out on something. The 392advisors bracket is nice in that it uses the existing lower grill hardware for installation.
Great find. This is the one I'll get after I get that first stop here in NY. Seems better than the sto N sho, assuming you're not wanting to take it off all the time. I know guys who have been running around for yrs without that front plate on.

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
I went with the ZL1 Addons license plate bracket system, which connects to their towhook block. REALLY solid, just takes a little bit of taking off the lower front grille to get it on. I revised my bracket to lower it in front of the grille. The Hellcat position is so the lower area is not blocked at all. No big deal on my Scat Pack. Last picture was posted on here by someone else, showing what you need to do to install it.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Accessory Front License Plate Holder:

Hey everyone.. its time for my temp tags to expire.. and here in Ohio we run two plates. I will under no circumstances drill holes in my front bumper... Can you guys/gals please share where and how you've mounted yours? Please, pictures if you can. Thanks .
Scott
Go over to e-bay motors search for an accessory front license plate holder for the year of your Challenger. I acquired one that attaches to the lower grill and does not require drilling new holes. It was just under $90.00.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm also in Ohio and plagued by front license plate requirements. I have ordered a set of brackets from 392advisors on eBay for $90. I think that's the same one Bob got. I find the stock front plate mounting err... block thing, to be too bulky looking when mounted under the bumper with toggle bolts and I wanted a minimalist installation that draws as little attention to itself as possible.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts