Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy a front lower grille for a 2010 bumper cover for my 2013 R/T Challenger...

I bought a 2010 Front bumper cover along with the front head lights grille which fit with it on my 2013 R/T under the advice that it would fit and look perfectly the same...other than the emblem I mean...which will be filled in with putty in order to cover it up..making it look like its 2011 or something up..was that advice accurate? the 2010 parts look exactly like 2013 just without the emblem?

I was told by the body shop guy that the lower grill from my 2013 bumper is not fitting with the bumper cover, which is from a 2010, that I dropped off..is this correct? Not that I think that he's a liar..but he might be wrong ..so is he? should it fit?

Anyone know a good junk/salvage yard that would possibly sell the part I need? I live in southern CA in the Los Angeles SGV area...im willing to travel for the right price..

Thanks all!! :weed:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most likely....as soon as I get it back from body shop..I also changed out my fog lights and both headlights..but I think one is broke..so I will probably end up selling those too..along with oem 20' rims w/ tires that I used for 2 weeks before replacing them.....I will make a new thread for that..since I already bought an item from someone here I should close this thread huh? but not before someone answers my question below..

how much of a difference? its too late to change mines anyways..but how big of a difference is it from the 2013? Which looks better you think? thinking of getting it colored something different while im at it..any advice? I ended up buying a lower grill from a member here just now...so I will have a few days to change stuff up...:ladysman:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
oh dang..and the bottom hole looks totally different...matter of taste i guess unless one is better than the other one for some reason? either way I have to grow to like the 2010 an below look....I was even debating of getting an emblem just cause..someone convinced me not to....i found pics..

2008-10
2011-up

·
Registered
828 Posts
oh dang..and the bottom hole looks totally different...matter of taste i guess unless one is better than the other one for some reason? either way I have to grow to like the 2010 an below look....I was even debating of getting an emblem just cause..someone convinced me not to....i found pics..

2008-10
2011-up
Thanks for posting these pictures!!! Always knew there was a difference but wasn't sure exactly what was different.

·
Registered
151 Posts
2008-2010 is smiling :icon_smile: and 2011 and up is frowning! :icon_cry:

Personally I think the newer one looks much better! But it's just a matter of preference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess i can get used to the smiley face....Its not bad, just different. I plan to add an emblem on the lower grill..just to make it unique..it will say HEMI and r/t in one...its not standard I know but in my head I feel like its gonna look good..post pics soon...
Hemis what kind of headlights?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts