Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to confirm that 17 spare steelie with an M&H 26x4.5x17 with spacer / adapter will fit over a 392 brembos ? I found people running the 17s on older SRTs but newer all in the 28x5x18

So has anybody had any experience run these smaller skinnies on the front with a 392 SRT?

And any weight transfer or rollout issues ?

Thanks

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
I am trying to confirm that 17 spare steelie with an M&H 26x4.5x17 with spacer / adapter will fit over a 392 brembos ? I found people running the 17s on older SRTs but newer all in the 28x5x18

So has anybody had any experience run these smaller skinnies on the front with a 392 SRT?

And any weight transfer or rollout issues ?

Thanks
You'll need spacers with studs in them. I think I have a 1 1/2" thick spacer that bolts onto my lugs and has studs coming out of it that I use for my spare.
Top Challenger Tips and Tricks

Scroll down and see the spacer in tip # 92 for the spacer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worriedy

Thanks. I was just worried even with spacers that I would need the 18" spare. I read a lot of threads about it but most appeared older threads . I thought the spare I had in storage was a 17 turns out it's an 18 , but I have 2 m&h 17x4.5s. So it's either sell those and buy 18s or buy to 17 spares . I've already ordered the spacers/adapter with lugs . I'm thinking if sticking with 17s if they actually fit and see what happens

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
My spare is 18" but that For Sale Post was for 17" so I assume they sould work.
I was running some cobra knock offs on the front of mine 17X9 and was able to use a spacer put I added longer studs (Ford F250). I had 235 wide 17s and saw no difference in ET or MPH so I went back to stocks 20s. They were 14.8 LBs lighter (each) too which surprised me. I run 42 PSI at the track in the fronts and trap 117 MPH.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the reply . darn thats a nice trap speed, I'm only hitting 111 with cobra 17zx9 nitto DR on the rear. think I'll give the 17s on order on a try ( i was debating whether to cancel the order and pay the restock ) . with the skinnies should be less roll resistance and more like 50 lbs weight savings . with any luck that will make some difference.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
thanks for the reply . darn thats a nice trap speed, I'm only hitting 111 with cobra 17zx9 nitto DR on the rear. think I'll give the 17s on order on a try ( i was debating whether to cancel the order and pay the restock ) . with the skinnies should be less roll resistance and more like 50 lbs weight savings . with any luck that will make some difference.
Any update on this. Did you gain any mph?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts