Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger TA 392
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17' TA 392 it's got a little under 12k miles. With the Alcatara seating option, and I am starting to notice that the seat bottoms are starting to show wear and my butt imprint is starting to stay馃槀 Admittedly I am a big heavy person (6'5" 235lbs), but the seats shouldn't show this much wear that soon right? Was curious to see if you guys knew of any solutions to this visual annoyance. reupholstery?

Registered
Are you certain it's wear and not just the material getting 'smushed' a bit? I notice that when I wipe down the seat with a very mildy damp cloth that it lifts up the pile and freshens it up a bit.
Could be from dirty pants or maybe you're hard on the seat when getting in/out? Either way it should look new with that few of miles.

Registered
Upholstery has never bene one of Dodge's stong suites.
The basic cloth on my 2015 wore very badly for a car that only had 7000 dry weather only miles put on it in 4 yrs.
I've opted for Laguna in both my Ram and in my Hellcat and its (imho) a far superior wearing material, as long as you dont scratch it.
The good news is, the skins can be removed and you can always add a thin layer of applicable density foam to bring things back, if it gets really soggy. Most any shop can do this for you if you dont wish to tackle it yourself.

Registered
I put on a Dodge official authorized seat cover that also leaves the airbags area not covered up from Walmart. When I go to the gym I get sweaty so it kind of helps and I could throw it in the washer after. That keeps my seat from wearing. When i'm not getting dirty I could always remove it and enjoy the seats and all the heated and cold features.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts