Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm in the process of replacing my cloth seat covers with leather. I completed the back seats and removed the front passenger seat. I was able to remove some of the trim pieces but I can't figure out how to remove the large trim on the back of the seat. I can't see any screws. It does not seem to just pop out (don't want to force it). Can anyone give me the removal steps? My car is a 2012 model.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just ordered a set of Katzkin. How hard were the back seats?
Not hard. The bottom section just pulls out and the top section is held by 6 bolts that are visible when the seats are folded. Just be careful removing the covers, they are held by plastic clips (not hog rings, at least on a 2012 model). They are easy to break. I used a small screw driver to pry them open while carefully pulling the fabric. It is just time consuming and tenuous work. Installing the leather is just the reverse. Depending on your kit, you may have to use hog rings to attach the bottom section to the seat frame (the factory cloths don't use hog rings but I had to use them with my kit). This is just for the outer edges of the cover. The center section (area where you sit) uses the plastic clips I mentioned.
The hardest part (at least for me) for the back seat was the armrest. You need to disassemble it. It is held by 6 screws to the frame and 1 bolt to remove the part to need to cover. Putting the leather cover on can be difficult but I used a trick I saw on you tube. I put the armrest inside a plastic bag and used a vacuum to such the air. This causes the foam to shrink which makes it very easy to slide the new cover on. You then shut off the vacuum and the foam goes back to its original shape. I plan to use the same technique for the headrests.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Thanks for the info. Did the katzkins come with the hogs rings?Please keep us updated with your progress. I am going to be doing mine next week.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Did the katzkins come with the hogs rings?Please keep us updated with your progress. I am going to be doing mine next week.
I ordered the hog rings and pliers with the kit. You can get them at Home Depot or Lowe's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts