Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first post here. So i just had my 2016 sxt totaled and upgraded to a 2017 GT. i have had it ceramic coated and weather tech and it goes in next month for a new exhaust. The next mod i want is a front splitter extension and am having a hard time finding one that will fit the GT. i believe it is the same as a SXT but certain websites say they wont fit. Can any one that has a front splitter extension help me out.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,499 Posts
My wife's 2020 GT AWD has the old scat pack style on it and I added it to my 2015 R/T as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife's 2020 GT AWD has the old scat pack style on it and I added it to my 2015 R/T as well.
I think the new 2020 GT has a bigger front splitter than older models. I wanted to purchase the ZL1 addons front splitter extension but it said "Front Splitter Note: You must have the OEM SRT front splitter on your car for it to fit. This product will not fit the Hellcat splitter or the small lip splitter." i don't believe my GT has the OEM SRT front splitter.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I think the new 2020 GT has a bigger front splitter than older models. I wanted to purchase the ZL1 addons front splitter extension but it said "Front Splitter Note: You must have the OEM SRT front splitter on your car for it to fit. This product will not fit the Hellcat splitter or the small lip splitter." i don't believe my GT has the OEM SRT front splitter.
Oh, I miss understood. Your front splitter is the same as the SXT and the older R/T like my 2015 had. I thought you wanted the bigger oem one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I miss understood. Your front splitter is the same as the SXT and the older R/T like my 2015 had. I thought you wanted the bigger oem one.
that is an option. i could put the OEM SRT on the vehicle first. How hard was it to put the SRT splitter on.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Now to answer your question, for me, it was simple, I was the one taking the pictures. For my Body Guy. he has experience taking cars apart and he did not appear to have any issues doing it. For my Wallet, well it lost a little weight that day. Is it something I would tackle, no, even though it appears easy, I so not have patience.

·
Registered
16,219 Posts
Think it was 2019 when the GT got the Scat Pack front splitter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
Perhaps?

A Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Perhaps?

A Guy
Thank you. This is what I was looking for. Also reading the other thread discovered that it needs better hardware for install

1 - 12 of 12 Posts