Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know if someone could assist me with clarifying on which front splitter would be compatible for my 2018 SXT? I’ve be told the RT or the scat pact chin spoiler? I’m all new to this. Please help

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,109 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
RT splitter is the same as an SXT...it is the 6.4 splitter that will work. If you want to replace it the correct way the front clip needs to come off. Did mine last fall. You may want to get the front splash shield as well otherwise you will need to drill 4 holes in it as the screw placement are different on the 6.4 lip (it also has the air channels for the brakes) but then you will need to replace the fender liners. I just drilled the holes.

Here are some pics I took with the front clip removed.

Here is some pics of the install.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
395 Posts
Ok, wait. The SP has brake cooling ducts built into the splash shield? Is that what I am seeing on top of the splash shield?

I find that the Redeye has an extra brake cooling duct add on but it is below the splash shield. What am I seeing on top of the shield?

Getting confused.

f264689257f162020b29deadb27a319c.jpg

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
Ok, wait. The SP has brake cooling ducts built into the splash shield? Is that what I am seeing on top of the splash shield?

I find that the Redeye has an extra brake cooling duct add on but it is below the splash shield. What am I seeing on top of the shield?

Getting confused.
Yes the narrow body front splash guard I showed previously has built in ducts for brake cooling. As for replacing the fender liner...I don't think you have to as they both appear to be notched in the same spot.

RT front splash shield.

SXT/RT

Scat

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
395 Posts
Yes the narrow body front splash guard I showed previously has build in ducts for brake cooling.
So why the additional part on the Redeye? Hmm.....maybe because the HC/RE's have so many cooling modules that the ones shown couldn't be used?

On the SP chin spoiler, are there slots on the bottom for the ducts to pick up air through? Tried to find pictures and all I found was the RE picture I showed above.

Next time I make it over to my buddies with the '15 SP I will have to see what I can see.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
So why the additional part on the Redeye? Hmm.....maybe because the HC/RE's have so many cooling modules that the ones shown couldn't be used?

On the SP chin spoiler, are there slots on the bottom for the ducts to pick up air through? Tried to find pictures and all I found was the RE picture I showed above.

Next time I make it over to my buddies with the '15 SP I will have to see what I can see.

Thanks!
Well here is what they show for a redeye.

@Hal H or @Slidd might know better and I can be way off.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
395 Posts
Here is thread with a part number - 2019 Redeye Brake Cooling Deflectors

68404932AC is the part number for the add on part under the splash guard. There appears to be some other parts as well, flat plates that bolt to the control arm to deflect air to the brakes.

All different than the SP parts with the bigger boxes on top of the splash guard. Like to see where air is picked up for those.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
395 Posts

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
395 Posts
Ok, here is where I am confused.

This picture is an '09 SRT splitter, on a '09 R/T, and the SRT splitter has notches for the ducts to catch air from:

Here is the thread - SRT Chin Spoiler and Belly Pan Install on RT

But the '15+ splitter has no notches, at least on the top. So where does the ducting get air from on a Scat Pack?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
395 Posts
Ah ha!!! Victory!

At about 12:30 in this video is this image:
Capture.JPG

Air comes from the grill!!

So now I wonder if the grill area there is different between an SP and an R/T.

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
Ok, here is where I am confused.

This picture is an '09 SRT splitter, on a '09 R/T, and the SRT splitter has notches for the ducts to catch air from:

Here is the thread - SRT Chin Spoiler and Belly Pan Install on RT

But the '15+ splitter has no notches, at least on the top. So where does the ducting get air from on a Scat Pack?
the inlets are in the lower grille on the '15+ models - you won't notice them until you look up close.

I've attached images (using flash) on my '16 where you can see the duct inlets through the lower grille. The '08 - '14 front fascia doesn't have that large of an opening to facilitate that.
20200406_160129.jpg
20200406_160210.jpg

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,272 Posts
Unless you’re handy working on the car you might wanna bring it to an auto body shop because you have to remove the front fascia to do the swap.its all push pins except for the 4 bolts that are behind the headlights.when you go to put the front fascia back on it lines right back up with no effort.the older models didn’t require the removal of the front fascia but the newer models do.its pretty much a whole day ordeal but it does look good

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
Unless you’re handy working on the car you might wanna bring it to an auto body shop because you have to remove the front fascia to do the swap.its all push pins except for the 4 bolts that are behind the headlights.when you go to put the front fascia back on it lines right back up with no effort.the older models didn’t require the removal of the front fascia but the newer models do.its pretty much a whole day ordeal but it does look good
If you go through my links all the info on how to do it is there. I swapped mine out and it took half-day tops and that was at a very leisure pace.

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,272 Posts
I don’t know about the newer models but my 2014 I thought I was gonna rip the fascia apart getting that lower grill out but look at chally tatums its a big help

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
395 Posts
Yes the narrow body front splash guard I showed previously has built in ducts for brake cooling. As for replacing the fender liner...I don't think you have to as they both appear to be notched in the same spot.

RT front splash shield.
View attachment 990993

SXT/RT

Scat
So I wonder what the difference is between the SXT/R/T liner and the SP liner

Only things I can think of is a different cutout for the control arm due to the different spindle and the location and/or size of the notch for the air duct. Can’t see it being the spindle, just doesn’t make much sense. So maybe the notch is in a different place or is a different size.

Dang, thought maybe I was going to avoid having to swap those out someday. Not looking good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts