1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Petty's Garage

·
Super Moderator
15,768 Posts
The Mopar one piece version doesn't "require" it but for more function, it has provisions to drill into the (bolted in) cowl brace that's already there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Mopar one piece version doesn't "require" it but for more function, it has provisions to drill into the (bolted in) cowl brace that's already there.
Hal, yes, I saw that one, I like the look of that one for sure, but just don't want to drill for astetic purposes otherwise I would order it.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
speedlogix doesn't require drilling either.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
151 Posts
So I am considering a front strut tower brace for my 2016 SRT 392 Challenger.....does anyone know of one that does NOT require any drilling? Thanks in advance.
I am also thinking of a strut tower brace that does not require drilling. What brace did you go with or still thinking? I have a 2017 Scat Pack 392. I kinda like the Petty but the Speedlogix is cool too.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am also thinking of a strut tower brace that does not require drilling. What brace did you go with or still thinking? I have a 2017 Scat Pack 392. I kinda like the Petty but the Speedlogix is cool too.
I am still thinking about it. I just ordered a catch can and some Trackhawk exhaust tips, those are priority right now. I am not totally convinced that a tower bar on my SRT will make any discerible difference in handling, since I don't track the car. I may change my mind, but am gonna do the two above mods first and then reconsider.

If you do the mod, please let us know if/how you feel it improved handling on yours.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
People claim they feel it. I have never seen a discernible difference on any car platform from an STB alone. I'd still prefer a triangulated front and rear brace to a 2pt, however, but there isn't one for the front on an HC, so I'll just stick with my pretty looking 2pt. (Petty's)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am still thinking about it. I just ordered a catch can and some Trackhawk exhaust tips, those are priority right now. I am not totally convinced that a tower bar on my SRT will make any discerible difference in handling, since I don't track the car. I may change my mind, but am gonna do the two above mods first and then reconsider.

If you do the mod, please let us know if/how you feel it improved handling on yours.
I sure will. I placed an order for the Petty's Garage in black. I do not track the car but my best roads around here are country winding back roads where I do most of my spirited driving. Looks like a nice easy install so will report back after I have it installed and tested out.

·
Banned
98 Posts
There is a difference with the braces. I really notice when I go over some bad railroad tracks by my house, the car doesn't creak at all. It feels like 1 big mass. I did front and back.

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
321 Posts
I installed the Mopar brace. Drilling was easy. I sprayed some primer on the holes to stop any rust fears. While there may not be any huge difference in handling, the idea of tightening the front end as much as possible sure feels good.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
565 Posts
So I am considering a front strut tower brace for my 2016 SRT 392 Challenger.....does anyone know of one that does NOT require any drilling? Thanks in advance.
If you decide to move ahead with a strut tower brace, don't be afraid of the drilling. In fact, I think attaching the Mopar strut tower brace to the firewall brace is part of what made it a noticeable improvement for me. Because I noticed that there was far less lean on the very first on-ramp I took.

I simply turned the PCV cap so it wouldn't be in the way, put a towel over the area to catch the metal shavings, and used a l-o-n-g drill bit with an electric drill.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you decide to move ahead with a strut tower brace, don't be afraid of the drilling. In fact, I think attaching the Mopar strut tower brace to the firewall brace is part of what made it a noticeable improvement for me. Because I noticed that there was far less lean on the very first on-ramp I took.

I simply turned the PCV cap so it wouldn't be in the way, put a towel over the area to catch the metal shavings, and used a l-o-n-g drill bit with an electric drill.
Good information, thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,521 Posts
If you have any questions about our front strut brace feel free to send us a pm or give us a call 561-687-3712. I have one on my SRT Challenger too in Plum Crazy.

- Alexis

·
Registered
151 Posts
I went with the Petty's garage single. I have not put many miles on since install so I will report back. I took a few off-ramps so far and feel more connected to the road. Very easy install.

D2430977-806B-4EBB-A969-7B0351661574_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: Pauljw and Klink
1 - 20 of 30 Posts