Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Front strut tower brace that does not require drilling

14644 Views 50 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  Daniel_808
So I am considering a front strut tower brace for my 2016 SRT 392 Challenger.....does anyone know of one that does NOT require any drilling? Thanks in advance.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
10,202 Posts
Petty's Garage

· Super Moderator
18,738 Posts
The Mopar one piece version doesn't "require" it but for more function, it has provisions to drill into the (bolted in) cowl brace that's already there.

· Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT, Billet Silver, Black Rally Stripes, A8
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Mopar one piece version doesn't "require" it but for more function, it has provisions to drill into the (bolted in) cowl brace that's already there.
Hal, yes, I saw that one, I like the look of that one for sure, but just don't want to drill for astetic purposes otherwise I would order it.

· Registered
185 Posts
So I am considering a front strut tower brace for my 2016 SRT 392 Challenger.....does anyone know of one that does NOT require any drilling? Thanks in advance.
I am also thinking of a strut tower brace that does not require drilling. What brace did you go with or still thinking? I have a 2017 Scat Pack 392. I kinda like the Petty but the Speedlogix is cool too.

· Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am also thinking of a strut tower brace that does not require drilling. What brace did you go with or still thinking? I have a 2017 Scat Pack 392. I kinda like the Petty but the Speedlogix is cool too.
I am still thinking about it. I just ordered a catch can and some Trackhawk exhaust tips, those are priority right now. I am not totally convinced that a tower bar on my SRT will make any discerible difference in handling, since I don't track the car. I may change my mind, but am gonna do the two above mods first and then reconsider.

If you do the mod, please let us know if/how you feel it improved handling on yours.

· Registered
1,241 Posts
People claim they feel it. I have never seen a discernible difference on any car platform from an STB alone. I'd still prefer a triangulated front and rear brace to a 2pt, however, but there isn't one for the front on an HC, so I'll just stick with my pretty looking 2pt. (Petty's)

· Registered
185 Posts
I am still thinking about it. I just ordered a catch can and some Trackhawk exhaust tips, those are priority right now. I am not totally convinced that a tower bar on my SRT will make any discerible difference in handling, since I don't track the car. I may change my mind, but am gonna do the two above mods first and then reconsider.

If you do the mod, please let us know if/how you feel it improved handling on yours.
I sure will. I placed an order for the Petty's Garage in black. I do not track the car but my best roads around here are country winding back roads where I do most of my spirited driving. Looks like a nice easy install so will report back after I have it installed and tested out.

· Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
1,053 Posts
If you decide to move ahead with a strut tower brace, don't be afraid of the drilling. In fact, I think attaching the Mopar strut tower brace to the firewall brace is part of what made it a noticeable improvement for me. Because I noticed that there was far less lean on the very first on-ramp I took.

I simply turned the PCV cap so it wouldn't be in the way, put a towel over the area to catch the metal shavings, and used a l-o-n-g drill bit with an electric drill.

· Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you decide to move ahead with a strut tower brace, don't be afraid of the drilling. In fact, I think attaching the Mopar strut tower brace to the firewall brace is part of what made it a noticeable improvement for me. Because I noticed that there was far less lean on the very first on-ramp I took.

I simply turned the PCV cap so it wouldn't be in the way, put a towel over the area to catch the metal shavings, and used a l-o-n-g drill bit with an electric drill.
Good information, thanks!

· Registered
185 Posts
I went with the Petty's garage single. I have not put many miles on since install so I will report back. I took a few off-ramps so far and feel more connected to the road. Very easy install.

Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Car Auto part

Reactions: Pauljw and Klink
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.