Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
The BMR is definitely the best looking one I’ve seen....Mopar a close 2nd...

Reactions: Klink

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks, it works really well & is less than 1/2 the price of SL's or Dodge's - the only down side is it blocks the lo-pressure AC inlet, so if you had to recharge the AC the bar has to come off.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
The reason I like my Razors Edge/Speedlogix brace is that it replaces the 3 sided sheetmetal brace completely. I notice much more feedback in my car after installing it. I even took it out of my 13 R/T when I traded it in, installed it on my 16 Scat Pack. The Billet Tech strut brace bolt covers top it off.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
724 Posts
Struttowerbrace..JPG

I've had this Lakewood STB for several years...Not sure they still make them...

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,879 Posts
I am still thinking about it. I just ordered a catch can and some Trackhawk exhaust tips, those are priority right now. I am not totally convinced that a tower bar on my SRT will make any discerible difference in handling, since I don't track the car. I may change my mind, but am gonna do the two above mods first and then reconsider.

If you do the mod, please let us know if/how you feel it improved handling on yours.
Here's my opinion/thoughts on the strut tower braces. When we bought our 2015 SRT 392, I was lucky enough to get to go to the Richard Petty SRT Experience at our local Sports Car Club (they rented the track for the day) and drive the Hellcat, SRT 392 Challenger's and the SRT Jeeps along with a Hellcat and SRT 392 Charger (Viper too). None of them had strut braces on them and they did fine. This was with drivers abusing/driving hard all day and they did Great!

I believe that they'd make the car more responsive to steering input but that's about it. If you want the car to feel more connected, then I'd recommend sub frame connectors. If you want less lean/yaw/roll in a corner, then sway bars and springs would be a better investment. but they'd also affect your ride too (springs, not sways).

They do look Great when you open the hood though and for some, that's enough.

Once again, this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Great post. I appreciate your insight into the strut bar issue. I also decided it was a waste of money for the type of driving I do in my SRT.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts