Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the front strut tower brace will fit on the 392'? And if so where to get one. I went to the MOPAR site and didnt see it listed anywhere. Thx.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am going to get the Petty Garage front strut tower brace for the SRT-8. I called to confirm and it will also fit the 392 even though their website is not updated. Mopar was going to send me an e-mail when they had their front strut tower brace and cai available. No e-mail yet, but I am not holding my breath either!

·
Premium Member
11,797 Posts
Im looking for the MOPAR one. The Petty one looks and sounds good. Not sure about the razor one though.
Don't know why the Mopar wouldn't fit, but I have not tested it.

But if you are looking for the most functionality in a strut tower, you want a bar that attaches to the body of the car, vs bolting to a hollow bar.

Mopar and Petty brace are good bars, just not as functional as the REM brace :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have the MOPAR brace on my 392 so I can tell you it fits. I got it with my MOPAR bucks. Part number P5155002. It looks good too. Is it the best brace? I defer to others.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I am going to install one to, Any good prices?
Ordered the MOPAR brace and it shipped today. Will post up pics once I get it in.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Got a Pettys Garage one, and I love it. Fit and finish is perfect!!!!! I got the SRT front strut brace and the trunk brace. Driving in the corners are a good time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If this helps, I installed the Razor's Edge unit from Speedlogix (thanks guys) last weekend on my R/T and the difference is amazing. Hardest part was getting the cowl off the car to access the stock bar.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I just placed my order in for a pettys srt strut brace in toxic orange, stoked!!! almost got that rem one from speed logic. but getting one painted to match for only $13 over what they wanted, no brainer

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
From where are you guys getting the Mopar bar?

As far as designs are concerned, I'd say the Drake Muscle Car bar is the best. Ideally you want the brace to make a straight shot from tower to tower perpendicular to the cars lateral centerline with any vertical bends on plane with the struts themselves. Note that any attachment to the body other than the strut towers, like with the REM brace, will see loads it was not designed to take. Whether these loads are large enough to be trouble I don't know.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Dave Smith Dealership will be installing mopar strut brace this week, Cant say how it will differ as I still in waiting to pick it up in July.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts