Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure of the exact terms or component nomenclatures, hope you get the idea. Looking at my front valance today and noticed the air dam had gaps. It appears that it may not be put together correctly. I noticed the tangs awhile back and just figured it was designed that way, but upon closer inspection, the right side (looking from the front) has the tangs, and the inner air dam is tucked under the body molding. But the lift side is sitting flush to overlapping the valance. Does anyone have the tangs exposed? If not, it's definitely installed incorrectly. All of the little forks on the right side of each tang is also broken.

Challenger 004 - Tangs (you can see how the right site fork of each of these is broken)
Challenger 002 - Left side of air dam
Challenger 003 - Right side of air dam

Thanks for any inp

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oucheeeeee!

Looks like someone might have "bumped" into your ride at a parking lot? Any paint scuffs on the bumper? Drive over something at night that you might not have seen? Lend your ride to anyone?

StevoHemi

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
How long have you owned the car? If it's a new & recent purchase then return to dealer now and get it fix for free. Someone else had similar issues on this forum and the dealer gave flack for it - saying they must have hit something first.

So long as your front-end is mark free and showing no signs of paint transfer then you have a good case. It could have been dislodged while coming off the transporter truck and the spoiler was pushed up and scraped - typical mishap... and wasn't caught during prep or you picked up the car at night...etc. Let us know what happens.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Have to agree, not a dealer problem (for a dealer to overlook that.......). There are scuff marks on the lower grille. Could be some low life was jealous and kicked your bumper.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as I know it's never been hit or I've haven't run over anything. I've owned it a little over two months and noticed the tangs quite a while ago, thought it was normal. Never really looked close enough at it to see the gaps. I'll try the dealer and see what they have to say. I've had it in once due to clearcoating issue on the left front fender, they had to repair that, so it they already missed one thing. Thanks for the comments. Will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, upon further inspection it appears I was bumped into, you were right. I guess I was in denial. I was able to get the tangs put back into place got everthing else back into place. With the broken tangs, it's probably not at rigid as it use to be but it doesn't look to much the worse for wear. There are two places where you can see the plastic may have buckled and popped back out. Damm that sucks. Guess I need to pay closer attention.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts