Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scatpack Widebody
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any wording on their windshield? I’m thinking about having some installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
i must be a ****** then, cause i have it on my trans am(pontiac) and am thinking of putting it on my challenger. its cheap fun and can be easily removed if you decide you don't like it or want something else..i see no downside

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
970 Posts
As I was walking out of the grocery store yesterday a jacked up beater pick up truck with "boobies" written on the windshield drove buy. At the moment I guess I'm too biased to participate in this discussion but next weekend at the Hemi Shootout there will probably be something on my windshield.

Reactions: A.knight

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well here is my opinion of lettering on windshields as it is normally how it reads to me.

But we all have opinions and mine means nothing.
I think you need to express yourself more. However, I’m sorry that you think so little of yourself as to publicly refer to your self as a ******.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
I'm a less is more Guy

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,705 Posts
I like the idea, but haven't decided if I would or not. I like them installed on the inside in the tint area, but nowadays, there is so much stuff on the upper windshield you can't do that. On my family's old Dodge Van I put a giant "DODGE" banner there, and of course, it looked amazing!
IF I put something on mine, it would MOPAR or SHAKER (if I could get one with the blur font) maybe.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Does anyone have any wording on their windshield? I’m thinking about having some installed.

Personally, I like it. But as posted in another thread, I am from the South where there is no such thing as too much bling! People need to see (and hear) you coming. It's called an "Entrance". But then we like this too...

So much for taste, to each his own! :cool:

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
4,905 Posts
I'm not sure what state you are in but in New Jersey it is not legal to have anything on your windshield except stickers and certificates required by law. Just thought I would throw that out there.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I'm not sure what state you are in but in New Jersey it is not legal to have anything on your windshield except stickers and certificates required by law. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Glad I live in the South. Windshields are not even required, I don't think. Freedom!!!

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I live in Jacksonville, Florida. It’s not illegal here.

Personally, I like it. But as posted in another thread, I am from the South where there is no such thing as too much bling! People need to see (and hear) you coming. It's called an "Entrance". But then we like this too...

So much for taste, to each his own! :cool:
I’m gonna put FIXIN TO GIT. I can’t get anymore hick than that.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Is this blur font?

A Guy
oooh, I like it, and priced right. Added to wish list.

The funny thing is, in New Jersey, the law doesn't clearly state that you even have to have a windshield. But if you do have one it is required to have working wipers. And no stickers,signs,tint or obstructions.
Even if above the visible line? I forget the name/symbol that is on every windshield where the tint must end.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
oooh, I like it, and priced right. Added to wish list.
And it comes in red too. The perfect addition to my blue/red Scat Shaker theme. Sign me up!!!

Reactions: icecoldmn

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
4,905 Posts
Even if above the visible line? I forget the name/symbol that is on every windshield where the tint must end.
As far as I know you can't add anything to the windshield. Only what came from the factory or inspection sticker. Not to say that it would stop anybody from doing it but there is a fine. You can't add any tint at all to the front door glass either but it hasn't stopped a lot of people around me from doing it.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
As far as I know you can't add anything to the windshield. Only what came from the factory or inspection sticker. Not to say that it would stop anybody from doing it but there is a fine. You can't add any tint at all to the front door glass either but it hasn't stopped a lot of people around me from doing it.
Technically, even in Alabama I am pretty sure you are correct. I know that anything hanging from your rear view mirror is a violation. Obviously not enforced as I see both all the time down here.

Reactions: vpzyck

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Same here in PA, but I always thought it was OK above that line where the windshield can be tinted anyway.

Reactions: yyr123
1 - 20 of 44 Posts