Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front windshield makes a cracking noise when the weather gets cold. It's very noticeable and annoying when yoy drive over any bumps in the road. Has anyone had this issue?

The windshield has already been replaced once. From the factory the seal around window was not fully put on. There was a giant gap right in the top center of the windshield which I found put about because water poured in my car on a rainy day.

The replacement windshield was fine in the winter of 2018 when it got replaced. The last two winters its been making this noise and I've finally had enough.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack; 2018 SXT
87 Posts
I was sure my windshield was making a creaking noise whenever the chassis was twisted (driving up incline at an angle) or driving over bumps and it was much more noticeable on colder days. Took it in and the tech came with me on a test drive as I repeated the noise. He assured me it wasn't the windshield (he said if the windshield wasn't properly seated it would just crack, not creak) but it was the dashboard creaking when the chassis was twisted. They worked on it and certainly made it better but it wasn't totally gone... I never took it back in for another look. Basically I think you may have a similar issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the Safelite replacing the windshield now so I'm hoping that's the issue. If I still hear the noise then I'll take a look at the console next

Took the car out on some poorly paved roads after a couple hours of letting the windshield sit. As of now I can say I am almost certain the windshield was my problem. Didn't hear any noises whatsoever that I typically would.

I will repost here in about a week after letting it sit longer and days of driving

1 - 8 of 8 Posts