Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
It's darker.

And somebody just posted a pic showing IndiGo, Frostbite and B5.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
The darkest is Indigo Blue, Frostbile is middle and B5 Blue on the right. Bottom picture has B5 in middle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
I too like the Indigo best. If I was to get a new Challenger, and couldn't have Black, right now it would be between Indigo Blue and Octane Red. All the blues look great though

A Guy

Reactions: Mondingo77

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
737 Posts
For me, no contest....B5 is the clear winner.

Reactions: farmer52

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
873 Posts
I really thought that I'd like Frostbite Blue but I guess that I need to see it in person.

I miss Deep Water Blue.
I agree. It's probably the closest to what Pontiac called Midnight Blue Metallic on my '05 GTO.

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
I really thought that I'd like Frostbite Blue but I guess that I need to see it in person.

I agree. It's probably the closest to what Pontiac called Midnight Blue Metallic on my '05 GTO.
I looked up the GTO color - Frostbite is a lighter shade than that color from what it appears

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
My wife bought herself a Frostbite Blue GT last week. Very nice color. B5 is my favorite of all the blues but frostbite is a close second in my book. It is a little darker than B5 but while cleaning her car I noticed it looks like it "color shifts" between a light blue (Still Darker than B5) and a darker Blue (Still lighter than Indigo). I prefer the lighter blue (B5) is as light as I would go.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts
Is Indigo Blue the same as Contusion Blue?

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Is Indigo Blue the same as Contusion Blue?
No, Contusion is the former Jazz Blue.

IndiGo Blue was an all new color for 2018.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
873 Posts
I looked up the GTO color - Frostbite is a lighter shade than that color from what it appears
I was replying to @RockanRoll's comment about Deep Water Blue and suggesting that it was similar to my GTO. Did my quote of his remark not show up on whatever device you're using?

When I first saw pictures of Frostbite, I was intrigued that it is slightly darker than B5 Blue. I knew that it was not as dark as Deep Water, but there are RARE times, when in certain light, that I find that my car (B5 Blue) is a little lighter than I prefer.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
Is it blue? No it's more a blue. Blue blue, or blue? Lol

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts
I was replying to @RockanRoll's comment about Deep Water Blue and suggesting that it was similar to my GTO. Did my quote of his remark not show up on whatever device you're using?

When I first saw pictures of Frostbite, I was intrigued that it is slightly darker than B5 Blue. I knew that it was not as dark as Deep Water, but there are RARE times, when in certain light, that I find that my car (B5 Blue) is a little lighter than I prefer.
Speaking of MOPAR blues, I have had 5 of them.
1985 Dodge Shelby Charger Turbo in Santa Fe Blue with Argent
1986 Dodge Lance ES Turbo in Ice Blue
1988 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Couple in Twilight Blue
2006 Dodge Charger R/T in Midnight Blue (looked just like Gibbs' car on NCIS)
2015 Dodge Charger R/T R&T in B5 Blue
Other blue vehicles we also had are a 2013 Cadillac SRX in Glacier Blue similar to the 1986 Lancer's color, and my 1967 El Camino is the original Deepwater Blue, looks black in the shade.
I almost bought a B5 SPS then I found this PCP SPS. And if I won the lottery I'd get a Frostbite Widebody Charger Redeye.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Frostbite....not for me

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
We'll check you off the list :D

A Guy

·
Registered
707 Posts
Looks like a color on a Buick LeSabre or an old 4 door impala...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
Not seen a color on a Challenger that didn't look good. Some may be at the bottom of my preference, but they still look good

A Guy

Reactions: rk_house
1 - 20 of 24 Posts