Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I found a fully loaded 2020 8-Spd WB Scat Pack with only 568 miles!

Options include:
  • Plus Package
  • Technology Group
  • Driver Convenience Group
  • Interior Appearance Group
  • Carbon & Suede Interior Package
  • Scat Pack Bumble Bee Stripe
  • Uconnect 4C Nav
  • Carbon Black wheels
Good price........only issue is it's Frostbite! I say 'only' in the negative context because the colour doesn't do it for me in pics. I haven't seen this colour in person (I'm in the UK), so I wondered if it is one of these colours that looks far better in person.
Any thoughts or pics of this colour, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Hi,

Frostbite is a nice color, looks bright as B5 imo in sunlight and rather dull/sedated in overcast much the way most of the newer colors do, my F8 looks nice in the sun and almost drab army green in overcast.

Look on many of the new users post as people have pictures

Personally saw Frostbite in person on a overcast day and liked the color, but didn't realize it was Frostbite as in the sun it's almost a electric blue.

Good luck with the decision,
Jim

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,521 Posts
Frostbite looks better in person than in pics.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Frostbite is a good color. If you fell in love with one of the older, similar blue colors, or you just don't like blue cars I can see where you might not like it. But, all in all, it is a good color.

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
Here's the three blue colors, left to right: Indigo Blue, Frostbite Blue, B5 Blue

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,063 Posts
Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Why does the Frostbite car look 20% smaller than the other two? Must be stealth technology.
Hi,

The one on the left is a widebody.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,063 Posts
Hi,

The one on the left is a widebody.

Regards,
Jim
Yes, but so is the Frostbite. Just a possible illusion from camera angle/lens used?

Reactions: Infidelgunner

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,308 Posts
I like the darker Indigo Blue, Frost Bite can look good or not depending as I believe its one of the most inconsistant Metallic Blues.

·
Registered
2019 1320 ScatPack PBM
195 Posts
I vote IndiGo Blue...makes mine go fasterer...even when sitting still!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
737 Posts
Not as nice as B5 imo but if I wanted a newer Challenger, I'd go for that color.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i would say if you dont want a blue car then you proly wont like it as its not the greatest fit for challengers. it really changes the way the car looks overall compared to all the other colors it just looks a bit off and oddly soft and just generally out of place. but if you want blue then its fine but if you didnt like it from the get go i doubt the color would grow on you. as its definitely one of those colors that you have to see in person pictures and video wont capture the real color for whatever reason. it looks different in different types of light in the sun its a very light baby blue color that just screams soyboy

·
Registered
81 Posts
I love my Frostbite Challenger. It's just the right shade of blue. It's not baby blue, and not dark like Indigo. It's slightly gray and less saturated than the B5 blue. The options you listed are fantastic, I would go for it. Here are some pics of mine that show the color, hope this helps.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
Do not settle or compromise, color is the very first thing you see and there’s a good chance you’ll never fully like your choice. I love B5 and have seen the other two blues and they just do not do it for me and I really like blue cars.
Whats your next gotta have color? From the word go it has to be many weeks before it could get over there to you, Imagine if you are like oh my God what did I do.

Reactions: Moparrebel

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Frostbite is a beautiful color but as pointed out, it does not really "pop" unless under direct sun. Sort of an understated elegance to me.
Indigo is different. It is very bright metal flake blue in direct sunlight and very purplish in indirect light. It "pops" to me in both conditions. A repair worker was at my house yesterday and of course wanted to look at my Scat. Unsolicited, he commented on how one side of my car was blue and one side was purple due to the lighting angle. He called it a "chameleon" paint job.
Just my opinion!

Reactions: ScottishChallenger
1 - 20 of 43 Posts