Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! This morning I went to my local dealer and placed the order for my 2020 Scat Pack Widebody in Frostbite blue. My dream car 馃殬馃挋

There is a lot going on in the world right now, but after years of patiently planning and saving, I decided I was tired of waiting, and was not going to let world events stop my plans.

It's going to take a couple weeks or more for the FCA factory to resume production. I hope and pray they get back to work soon. After that there will be another 6-8 weeks before it's built and delivered.

Yes, I'm going to get Frostbite this summer, and it's going to be glorious .....
IMG_0511.JPG

Registered
Congrat's, in these times people need something to look forward too! Welcome to the Wide Body Life!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Life must go on. I still have butterflies from the car buying experience. The idea that this summer I'll be cruising around in a new beast of a musclecar is just awesome!

Registered
Very nice ... good decision !
I was also planning a long, long time buying a new car.
Favorite for me and my wife was a Porsche Ceyenne or Panamera. But this cars are used with several thousand Kilometers .... 3 years old (at least). Than we decided to hold our old Chryslert 300C touring (aka Dodge Magnum in the USA) and buy a ScatPack as a summer and fun car.
So I sold some of my pinball machines, my motorcycle and touched the saved money.
next question was .. buy a 2019 or wait for 2020 and hope that the prices go down. After watching 3 month the market we figured out ... the 2019 model get not 1 EURO cheaper.
At the end, we bought a destroyer grey Scatpack .. a color which is 2020 no more to order.

So hopefully your car will be build as sonn as possible !!!
All the best
Tom

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
That's interesting because I also have a Chrysler 300C. Must be why I'm stuck on MOPAR!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I've collected many pictures online of what I thought would be my car. Many of them had red calipers, which I decided against. But believe me, I still think they look beautiful. I'll drop a few pics here.
2020 Challenger RT.mp4_snapshot_00.27.png

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
This one just needs the Scat Pack bumblebee stripe, then it would be perfection.
2020 Challenger RT.mp4_snapshot_01.49.png

Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
Welcome from NC and great to have another WB driver in the forum, the color is very cool nice buy.

Registered
2014 SRT Core
Welcome to the forum.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I'm hearing 2 weeks delay before factory restarts, and that's if all goes well. You never know. After that, the usual 6-8 week build time.

Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
Nice! Where are you located? I thought all dealer sales were closed. Only service/parts are open.
At least they are in OH and PA.

Registered
You can order the car online. I did that 4 years ago with my 16, everything thru email and deposit on credit card. Never even met my salesman til car came in.

But many dealers still fully open, varies by state and area but most states considering dealers as essential.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
In Indiana here. Car salesman said car dealers are considered "essential businesses" because they supply vehicles and repairs/parts are critical. Thank goodness!
However as @Slidd pointed out above, you could order online as well.
I'm taking a gamble ordering it at this time, but I'm somewhat optimistic things will work out in the next few weeks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
No I haven't seen Frostbite in real life ... I'm taking a chance here. I researched online and found a Youtube video where someone was showing a B5 Blue near a Frostbite blue. B5 much more vivid and saturated; Frostbite more grayish, slightly greenish, and subdued. I went with the black leather interior - can't get Ruby Red as far as I can tell, and don't think it would match anyway.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts