Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
What a beautiful day here. Warm, 70's, feels like summer. Even the air smells fresh. Gee, wish I had my Challenger to go for a cruise! It's hard waiting for my ride to get built, I've waited years for this. Heck they haven't even started yet since the factory is still shut down. Sometime in July maybe .......

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hope you dont have to wait to long that is a nice color! I looked at one the other day and it is very close to the color of my !970 Charger I had it was B7 Blue so it is another retro color!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
They say patience is a virtue, so ..... here we go!
I still haven't seen Frostbite blue in real life. It will be incredible to see this custom made car for the first time.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,880 Posts
I finally saw Frostbite in person on Sunday. It's defineatly different than B5. Much darker and a bit flatter, not any pearl that I could see. Shiney, it's not really flat, it reminds me how yellow looks in the sun, bright but no flake of any kind. Beautiful color!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thanks for posting those pics of Frostbite. I'm sure I will LOVE the color when I get mine ..... someday!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,202 Posts
I still haven't seen one in person, the color looks pretty good in pictures but if it's like most of the Challenger colors you really need to see it in sunlight to truly appreciate it. I guess I'll have to wait until production gets going again though because none of the local lots currently have any.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
252 Posts
Saw one today as well on the lot on a Challenger and a Charger. Little dark, no pearl in it like the guy above said. Everybody is different though in what they like. Its not bad and id be ok if it were the only blue i'd seen from Dodge. Its better than Indigo blue imo but B5 imo is the best blue they have had.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Here's three Blues from B5 / Frostbite / Indigo Blue as a comparison - we took a backroads tour through SC - I have the Torred one lurking in the background...Frostbite slots in between the lightest (B5) and darkest (Indigo) has a slate / blue tone to it. Color shifts a lot on cloudy days.

Frostbite definitely has both light pigment pearl and dark blue pigmented pearl in it.

B5 Blue by comparison has a lot of unpigmented pearl, which gives a more 'silvery' sheen in the sun which brightens the color up.
96517315_10157020502291976_8227082655183667200_n.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's three Blues from B5 / Frostbite / Indigo Blue as a comparison - we took a backroads tour through SC - I have the Torred one lurking in the background...Frostbite slots in between the lightest (B5) and darkest (Indigo) has a slate / blue tone to it. Color shifts a lot on cloudy days.

Frostbite definitely has both light pigment pearl and dark blue pigmented pearl in it.

B5 Blue by comparison has a lot of unpigmented pearl, which gives a more 'silvery' sheen in the sun which brightens the color up. View attachment 993395
That's a great shot of the color differences.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts