Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 21 scat with Frostbite as the color. I've never seen the color in public. How does it appear compared to prior colors, such as B5? The pictures from the dealer are smallish, to the point that I didn't even realize that it had the Shaker Graphics on it, so it looks more like a "whiter" blue to me.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 21 scat with Frostbite as the color. I've never seen the color in public. How does it appear compared to prior colors, such as B5? The pictures from the dealer are smallish, to the point that I didn't even realize that it had the Shaker Graphics on it, so it looks more like a "whiter" blue to me.
darker than B5 but it is a great color. My Wife's

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I imagine pics don't do it justice. Very sharp. Looks like one of the better colors offered. Easy to keep clean?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying to figure out why the dealer is so heavily discounting the one I'm likely to buy. When I stated to the sales manager that they likely would want more than I wanted to pay, they immediately said they'd discount it more, and even deliver it 80 miles away. (plus take my trade, sight unseen, giving me 3k more than I owe) . 21', brand new and M6. I can only surmise it's the M6 portion because the MSRP is 48K and the stripper is 43K (M6 as well).

Shaker and dynamic package with the M6 and they're throwing an additional 2500 off the current 1500 incentive. After everything, this one is 1200 more than the "stripper" one I originally looked at.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts

A Guy

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,170 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,170 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
The Frostbite Blue might very well be the best shade of blue ever put on a car.
I had a very nice 71 in original B7, loved that color. Love Purple and Oranges, Frostbite I am weak for.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
873 Posts
Cars come in different colors because different people have different tastes. So telling someone what a color looks like is nearly impossible.

Just my opinion ... I like Frostbite in the sun but don't care for it on a cloudy or overcast day. It just doesn't have the depth of Indigo Blue and it lacks the "pop" of B5 Blue.

Having said that ... Nine out of 10 days I love the B5 Blue on my car. BUT ... there are days when my B5 Blue is almost a little too bright for me.

This is not my photo ... but here is Indigo, Frostbite, and B5 lined up together. My car spends way too much time in the garage. If I could be guaranteed that it would be sunny EVERY time I took the car out for a spin, then I'd be okay with Frostbite.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts
Cars come in different colors because different people have different tastes. So telling someone what a color looks like is nearly impossible.

Just my opinion ... I like Frostbite in the sun but don't care for it on a cloudy or overcast day. It just doesn't have the depth of Indigo Blue and it lacks the "pop" of B5 Blue.

Having said that ... Nine out of 10 days I love the B5 Blue on my car. BUT ... there are days when my B5 Blue is almost a little too bright for me.

This is not my photo ... but here is Indigo, Frostbite, and B5 lined up together. My car spends way too much time in the garage. If I could be guaranteed that it would be sunny EVERY time I took the car out for a spin, then I'd be okay with Frostbite.
I would agree on all those. Frostbite looks amazing in the sun, on something with more curves the better. Especially a Widebody Charger.
B5 looks great just about anytime, I was torn between my current Challenger and a similar B5 Shaker, but it was older, more miles (and comparably cheaper) but I knew I would be plum crazy to pass this one up.
My 15' Charger R/T R&T with black painted roof was B5 and totally stunning. But I'd take a Frostbite one anyday.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
The B5 Blue is my 16 that I traded in for my 20 Frostbite. Months later I met the people who bought my 16.

As you can see, on a cloudy day B5 Blue still sticks out, Frostbite not so much.

On a Sunny day, Frostbite does pop in it's own way! I like it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts
The B5 Blue is my 16 that I traded in for my 20 Frostbite. Months later I met the people who bought my 16.

As you can see, on a cloudy day B5 Blue still sticks out, Frostbite not so much.

On a Sunny day, Frostbite does pop in it's own way! I like it.

View attachment 1024625
In that ^ picture, hard to imagine anything looking nicer. (Well other than PCP :sneaky: ) Also, I love that finish on those wheels with that color.
If I was getting something new, it would be either Frostbite or Sinamon Stick.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts