Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like we are all in similar situations when it comes to ordering a Challenger. The build does seem to go quick. Everything else afterwards is up in the air.

My car was ordered 3/4 and is now in Toledo waiting on a full truck before it is delivered to Northern VA. This is the most puzzling aspect for me as I was expecting the car to be railed to the east coast and then trucked to the dealer. At this rate, I anticipate more delays as I believe the midwest is getting nailed by a blizzard. SMH...The saga continues!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Your car is most likely going by rail from Toledo Ohio to Jessup Md. and then by truck to northern Va. 4 days after leaving Toledo, mine was at the dealership.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hopefully, I see it in four days. That would mean it arrives at the dealer on Friday! I wouldn't mind being lucky for once.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I’m still waiting for mine to get a build date once the Brampton plant reopens next week on Monday, April 15th. My Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body has been in D1 Status since April 3rd.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m still waiting for mine to get a build date once the Brampton plant reopens next week on Monday, April 15th. My Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body has been in D1 Status since April 3rd.
I spent 5 weeks in D and 2 weeks in D1 all while the plant was open. It's a long wait for sure!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ordered February 7th, D status within a week, D1 status around March 14th, built the last week of March. Now sitting at a railyard.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I think Brampton reps read these forums and delay the cars of the impatient whiners...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think Brampton reps read these forums and delay the cars of the impatient whiners...
I'm pretty sure you're correct. :)

I was rear ended the end of January totaling my car. As I was looking at cars I was down between a Challenger and an Audi SQ5, TTS, or TT/RS. I really liked the Challenger but nothing optioned the way I wanted it or in the color I wanted. As we left the lot I told my wife, and the salesperson that if only it was Sublime we'd be getting it. Dodge announced Sublime as an option the next day in a press release and I took it as providence. Placed my order as soon as they were open and have been waiting 'mostly' patiently since.

In the meantime we've been down a car so I'm borrowing one which is a hassle for all involved, and just whining a little looking forward to EXACTLY the car I want.

·
Registered
308 Posts

I was rear ended the end of January totaling my car. As I was looking at cars I was down between a Challenger and an Audi SQ5, TTS, or TT/RS. I really liked the Challenger but nothing optioned the way I wanted it or in the color I wanted. As we left the lot I told my wife, and the salesperson that if only it was Sublime we'd be getting it. Dodge announced Sublime as an option the next day in a press release and I took it as providence. Placed my order as soon as they were open and have been waiting 'mostly' patiently since.

In the meantime we've been down a car so I'm borrowing one which is a hassle for all involved, and just whining a little looking forward to EXACTLY the car I want.

A similar situation happened to me too when my 2008 Charger R/T Road and Track was rear ended in a 7-Eleven parking lot by an illegal Ecuadorian in a huge pickup truck with commercial license plates. Luckily, my insurance company covered everything and I received an excellent settlement for my totaled Charger. I was looking to buy another Charger or Challenger, but I didn't like Dodge Dart styling of the new Charger. However, I love the style of the Challenger. I was going to purchase at first, but I would've have to put down $35,000 to $40,000 in cash in order to have low payments under $500 per month. So I leased instead. I will put down between $5,000 to $6,000 and my payment will be around $450-$475 per month with a 3 year/36,000 mile lease on a new 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body. I will pocket and invest that $29,000 to $34,000 difference in cash that I would have had to put down towards the purchase of the Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body and that cash would give me a return on whatever investment that I will make.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Would anyone here care to break what I hope is a record?
Our Challenger was built on 10-3-18, and arrived at the dealer on 2-11-19.

Yes, that's four months and eight days after it was built , not ordered.

Patience is a virtue. Sometimes we need to use it.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts

Sorry to hear about the wreck and glad you're okay. I do hope you realize I was just kidding you guys. I'm certain that I'd be just as anxious about a new car order as you are. I bought my '12 from Carmax and had to wait a week or so for it to get from TX to KY and that felt like forever, too. :) Hope your new ride is everything you expect it to be and then some.

I see you say it's here!! That's great news, now we'll need some pics.

·
Super Moderator
12,988 Posts
Would anyone here care to break what I hope is a record?
Our Challenger was built on 10-3-18, and arrived at the dealer on 2-11-19.

Yes, that's four months and eight days after it was built , not ordered.

Patience is a virtue. Sometimes we need to use it.
Believe some who ordered the first cars in 2008/2009 waited longer ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
570 Posts
Believe some who ordered the first cars in 2008/2009 waited longer ;)

A Guy
My condolences to them if that's the case.

I can see that it can take a while when, say ordering a Redeye in late June when they wouldn't even start building them until October.
But once built, you'd think that they'd want them to get to the dealer ASAP and get paid for them.

What was the hold up in 2008/2009? Railroad strike?

·
Super Moderator
12,988 Posts
Very 1st 3rd gen Challengers :)

A Guy

·
Registered
308 Posts
2 more days to go before the Brampton Plant reopens for production. I hope that I will get a build date for my car by next week. This waiting really sucks.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts